Admin interview outfit?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Preschool0929, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Preschool0929

Preschool0929 Cohort

Jun 25, 2016

I posted another thread about how I had applied for an admin position at my school, but my principal told me that I wasn't going to be considered because they didn't want to lose me in the classroom. Surprisingly, I got a call yesterday that they want me to interview on monday! I'm excited, but I've never interview for an admin position before. Typically to teacher interviews, I've either worn dress pants and a sweater or a simple dress with a cardigan. I can't decide if I need to step it up for an admin position or if a typical interview outfit would suffice. I've also just had a baby, so there's not much that looks great on me right now :( Any suggestions?

3. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2016

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  4. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jun 25, 2016

I would also step it up a notch. Treat yourself to a new outfit for the interview--even if it's a basic dress you could dress up with a blazer. The "just had a baby" hard to fit stage is miserable, but wearing something you feel confident in will help you interview well.

teacherintexas likes this.
  5. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jun 25, 2016

When I was on the hiring committee for administrators I looked at how the candidates dressed. I strongly suggest a suit, nice shoes, a smart bag or tote, careful on the jewelry, and most of all a strong handshake. Also, look the person in the eye who asks you a question. Good luck.

6. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Jun 25, 2016

Business suit! Do it!

7. JeniD

JeniD Rookie

Jun 27, 2016

Yes, I agree with the above posters. Dress to Impress! :) Dress and blazer, dress suit or pant suit. Good luck!!! I'm sure you're already in your interview though.... what did you decide to wear?!?!? Good luck!

8. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2016

I agree with what the others are saying. There were days the past year I dressed up more than usual and other teachers asked why, what was the big deal? My response, dress for the job you want, not the one you have.