Admin Contract Q

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Leslee P, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Leslee P

Leslee P New Member

Jul 23, 2021

Our district just started enforcing the July 10th deadline for not letting teachers or admin out of contract. They did not follow protocol though since I did not receive a written midyear evaluation at all. I also did not receive a final evaluation prior to the board approval for rehire, which is required through ORC. It was completed well after the fact. This is problematic because of end of contract expectations (I was not in between years within a contract, but at the end of it).

Even though a new contract has been not been signed, they say that board approval is what locks us in to the next contract since we had to provide a letter of resignation prior to the 10th.

Is this upheld, even though I had not received the documents related to my evaluations in time as required by ORC, and it has not been standard practice in the district?

Curious about your thoughts or if anyone has had a similar situation. This is Ohio, btw.

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 23, 2021

If they didn't fulfill their obligations to the contract by failing to evaluate you, then you might have grounds to argue the contract is nullified. That being said, I am NOT a legal expert and you might want to get in touch with your union.

4. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 23, 2021

Also, :welcome::atoz_love:

MrTempest likes this.
  5. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 25, 2021

The time has passed to non-renew you, especially as they did not correctly complete the OTES process. Districts around me have been late getting contracts out this year. I would talk to your union just to be prepared in case your district tries to pull a fast one.