Adjective phrases

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by NoviceTutor, Dec 5, 2015.

1. NoviceTutor

NoviceTutor Companion

Dec 5, 2015

Hello Forum Members,
    I have a question regarding adjective phrases that can be used on the Bubble Map (One of the Thinking Maps) to describe a topic. The requirement specifically states that ONLY adjectives and adjective phrases are allowed to be used on that particular map. While I am fine with the various adjectives that go with the topic, I am puzzled at some of the phrases used such as "short hair", " sharp yellow beak", "risk taker", etc. Are those phrases considered "adjective phrases"? In advance I appreciate your input regarding this confusion of mine.

3. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Dec 6, 2015

4. NoviceTutor

NoviceTutor Companion

Dec 6, 2015

Hi, Grade3Teacher,
    I try to understand what descriptive words would go in the outside circles of the Bubble Map, and I see the various phrases as noted above. For example, for the topic eagles, I see descriptions as "good eyes, sharp beak, powerful claws". However, your link has been a great help. Thank you.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 6, 2015

I've never heard of bubble map rules, but as a graphic organizer I wouldn't want to feel so constrained as to worry about how to phrase notes for brainstorming/ note taking.

6. NoviceTutor

NoviceTutor Companion

Dec 6, 2015

Thank you so much for saying "not to worry about how to phrase notes for brainstorming/ note taking". I feel so much happier and free now. It is just that when I tried to learn it from youtube, the presenters somehow stressed that only "adjectives and adjective phrases" should be used for the topics. After reading your comment, I am NOT confined by that boundary now.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 7, 2015

I know some teachers work in school cultures where everything must be "according to the rules". Those of us are fortunate who do not work under such constraints and are given the professional respect to use strategies and resources in ways we decide are best for facilitating student understanding. I'm glad you can find a way to make it easy to use for your students.