addicted

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Miss W, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Apr 8, 2005

I think I've become addicted to this site. I have so much fun discussing information with you guys. While I'm typing ideas I'm thinking "Why didn't I think of that before. I could use that". Thanks for making this so fun. It's a little distraction when my kids aren't in the room. :p

3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Apr 8, 2005

I think you'll find more addicted people here too! ... I admit, I love vBulletins! :p

4. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Apr 8, 2005

I check twice a day to read and read and read the posts. I must be soon to hit the 2000 mark of posting- I dont know if guru or addict is the title but I have so much to offer/share and love that everyone who visits has either been thru the same or can relate to the posts of others. I have added to my 'favorites' many links that I have learned from this site that allows me to educate myself before teaching a concept that I feel unsure of.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Apr 8, 2005

I agree with Ruth... I've been here for a while, and I think my classroom (whenever I manage to get one, grrr!) will run a LOT smoother from the beginning thanks to so many of the ideas I've gotten from here. ;)

6. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Apr 8, 2005

This is an awesome site and we are so fortunate to use it for free. Thanks to Amanda!!!

7. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Apr 8, 2005

:) If there were a treatment for it, a lot of us would need it! It is a wonderful site with tons of great ideas and people hanging around!

8. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Apr 8, 2005

There needs to be a TeacherChat Anonymous! :p

9. sdhudgins

sdhudgins Comrade

Apr 9, 2005

I am not an addict I do not have a problem *innocent whistle*

now excuse me while I finish reading the posts

10. Margo

Margo Devotee

Apr 9, 2005

I have tried to stop because I really don't have the time to view all the posts. A to Z has become so incredibly (sp?) popular (congrats, Amanda). I remember coming here many years ago when it was still a relatively new place and there might have been 10 new posts in a single day. Now there are over 50, sometimes more!!!! But no matter how hard I try to stay away, I just can't do it.

11. bcblue

bcblue Comrade

Apr 9, 2005

yup, i agree, only found this site in february, but it is such an addiction! kudos to everyone who feeds this addiction. . .

12. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 9, 2005

Would Workmen's Comp apply because I have developed arthritis in my mouse arm? Ha, ha. Look at the embarrassing number of posts I have. Oh, my. The first step is admitting it .......

What cute kids you have Christy and Lanie and Ruth. Oh wait, that is you, Ruth. You're cute, too!

13. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Apr 9, 2005

LOL bcblue! :p

I was going to start an addicted thread so when I saw this one I was antsy to post to it.

14. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Apr 10, 2005

Thanks, Upsadaisy! That's my baby niece Cheyenne. In a couple of months she will leave the terrible twos behind...as she enters the terrifying threes! :D That is the picture I took as I caught her eating the last of the coolwhip from my banana pudding!

15. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Apr 10, 2005

oooohhhh!!! ... 226 more posts and I become a TeacherChat Addict! :p

16. sdhudgins

sdhudgins Comrade

Apr 10, 2005

terrifying threes
    fantastically frantic fours

anyone tell me what to expect in novemember when my boy turns five..
    my girl will be three in September... she helps me remember how easy two is in comparison to three and four!!!!

(when does it get easier? like I'm thinking when I lose my mind and they're caring for me? is that about right?)

17. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Apr 10, 2005

my avatar is me, at 35 years age, so its not that outdated.:0)
    as for my own kids, from the age of 4-6 my daughter was such a biitch but has really mellowed out since turning 7, which was 3 weeks ago! my son, well, he's my big boy at 8 and 3/4 old, he is moody at times, mostly when tired, but loves me sooo. to be honest, i think i know my kids well enough to say they are awesome! may be a little biased. i will tell you truthfully, if my girlie was born first, she would be an only child!

18. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Apr 10, 2005

I do a lot of collaboration with teachers in my school, but this is great to talk to others. I'm thinking about using this as part of my collaboration for the Praxis III (coming up Friday). What do you think?

19. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Apr 10, 2005

I'm glad you all enjoy the site so much. When I started A to Z Teacher Stuff 7 or 8 years ago, it was to help other teachers. I think it's so cool to see all the connections being made on the forums and great info being shared. :) Friday we actually hit an all time high for new posts - 235 in one day!! I think I started a forum in 2000 or 2001, and switched to this format in 2002. Here are some fun statistics since then:

Number of new posts in one day:
    April 2002 - Ranged from 2 to 14
    April 2003 - Ranged from 7 to 53
    April 2004 - Ranged from 9 to 70
    April 2005 - Ranges from 129 to 235
    WOW!

20. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Apr 10, 2005

My nephew is 16. I keep telling him I will be really happy when the aliens who have taken over his body return the nice sweet, pleasant young man I remember! :D

21. becky

becky Enthusiast

Apr 10, 2005

This is an active site. I've gone to other teachers' forums where the posts are up to two years old.

As for kids mellowing out- I'll be glad when my 18 year old does, and I also would only have one child if I'd had Jeannie first!
    That's her on my avatar.

22. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Apr 11, 2005

her picture makes her look like a cherub!

23. becky

becky Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2005

Oh, she is! She's an obedient, kind , loving little girl, but sugar WILL melt in her mouth!!

She will also take a slimy, icky, sticky worm over a baby doll or teddy bear any day of the week!!
    She's the most feminine tomboy I ever met!

24. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Apr 26, 2005

It looks like I'm a full-pledged TeacherChat Addict now! :D

25. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Apr 26, 2005

I guess hitting the Y2K posts doesnt get you a new label ay?
    I honestly think your number of posts makes you a contributor but i think its the longevity thats key, when someone JOINED and has seen Amanda's site when it was young and growing! Margo and Upsadaisy and clarnet have been here since 2002! I know there are others but dont have the atoz participants list to memory!

26. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Apr 26, 2005

I became a Veteran Member today. It's been less than a month. Maybe I should get another hobby.

27. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Apr 26, 2005

don't worry about getting another hobby... we love you here! :)

28. aussiejen

aussiejen Rookie

Apr 30, 2005

I didn't think I was but I've just looked at the first page when you click on "discuss"and my name is up three times for the last post on three different threads.

I guess this is because most of the US is asleep at the moment! It's still early in Australia!

Anyway I didn't mean to stay so long I was searching Google for Writing ideas and it brought me here about four hours ago - whoops!

29. Margo

Margo Devotee

Apr 30, 2005

You can stay as long as you want. That is why I finally got DSL so I can stay on all day and just keep checking back (weekends especially).

30. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 30, 2005

I have tried to stay away as well...couldn't do it. I just don't have the time and have to sit down a few times a night and check things out. I stay up way too late to get the stuff done I should have been doing earlier!!! It is lots of fun. I like seeing the "OLD" ones come on that I saw when I first started...you are all so nice.

31. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

May 21, 2005

I know I have become hooked in just a short time - my daughter is constantly saying, "Mom, can't I use the computer now"!!

I think because our jobs are not just jobs but a lifestyle and we need to share it with others who feel the same and know what we are talking about that makes it so addictive!

32. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 27, 2005

It's sad when your name is on all of the different TeacherChat forums at the same time. Mine is right now. I think I'll wait a while to see if anyone else is on.

33. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

May 28, 2005

It's nice to be able to share ideas with others in different states and even countries! It lets us know WE ARE NOT ALONE!

Thanks for a great site.

34. iloveteaching

iloveteaching Rookie

May 28, 2005

I love this site! I always read the posts/threads but I don't always have time to reply!

35. teach123

teach123 Cohort

May 28, 2005

I know I am addicted. After I found out I didn't get the job I really wanted, I told my husband, I would never go on here again because it hurt too much. Well, look who's back, less than a week later. I can't stay away!!! : ) Even though I don't write a lot, I read everyone else's.

36. sandimreyes

sandimreyes Comrade

May 28, 2005

In the past few months, things have been so hectic that I haven't had the time to hang out and read and post like I'd like to. I'm looking forward to contributing more again now that things are calming down.

I'm doin' my Nat'l Boards this year and in Entry 4, you need to document collaborative efforts, I laughed and asked if I can use this forum...I'm still figuring out the backup documentation, but I will DEFINITELY use this as the best collaboration I do.

Everyone on here REALLY REALLY cares about the teaching profession and learning new things.

Only we understand...

37. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 28, 2005

Wouldn't it be funny if loads of people started using this forum as documentation for boards? Wonder how many it would take before they noticed.

38. sandimreyes

sandimreyes Comrade

May 28, 2005

Someone must've done it at some point, dontcha think? I'm gonna find out!

39. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 28, 2005

I like the idea! It's something I would do and laugh alot about it.

40. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

May 29, 2005

I love reading the posts on this web site. Sometimes I do not have time to type comments or ideas on the topics but do read a lot of posts. I love this web site and the materials and themes on this web site. I have downloaded and use a lot of ideas and themes that are offered on this website. I tell teachers about this web site at work and some ofthem are starting to use it too. Thanks Amanda for the great things on this web site. :)

41. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Sep 27, 2005

I just hit Guru today. I think we need to start a support group. Any ideas for 12 steps?