Add-On Licensure?

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by bostonteacher617, Sep 7, 2016.

  1. Sep 7, 2016

    Hello fellow teachers!

    What do I need to do to Add-On a licensure in Massachusetts?

    I am currently getting my master's in early childhood, but am HIGHLY interested in adding on special education.

    Anyone have experience with this? What is the easiest way to obtain this?

    Thanks in advance!!!
  3. vickilyn

    vickilyn Multitudinous

    Jul 19, 2014
    Likes Received:

    Sep 7, 2016

    Not in MA, but in other states, there are specific courses that must be taken to earn the Teacher of Student with Disabilities certificate. The minimum here in NJ is 21 credits, 7 courses. Some schools add more requirements than that, and you need to know if that is the case, since you have to meet the requirements of the university in addition to the requirements of the state to receive your certificate. I read about the add on MA program and although they talk about PD, I suspect that you have course requirements as well. As at your university - they will be able to guide you.

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. miss-m
Total: 277 (members: 1, guests: 253, robots: 23)