Add me to the list -Not feeling the love anymore

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teachling, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Oct 26, 2014

So there's always stress and pressure in this line of work. There's the long hours, working from home and just being consume even in your sleep about work. This year, however, there's something else to add to the list, not feeling appreciated. After all these years of demonstrating competency and support, you get blindsided and consequently are meeting behind close door over dumb stuff(seriously). The issue is how it was handled. There was no questions first or opportunity to defend when someone came in, made observations and then reported to admin without first consulting with me. So much for "when I come in to your room, it's not that I'm out to get you" or "I'm here to support you". What adds more salt to the wound -- is that this reporter person absolutely does not have the credentials for the job their in, let alone question what I am doing. Here's a quick example to support- When asked for support regarding ELA/Dual Language - can't help because I don't know much about that area. The problem with that is --- her job scope is to provide support in ALL content areas.

I as well as the school in general know there's always been favoritism which plays a huge part in how admin has allowed certain people in place that are not doing their job description but rather serve as secretaries or goofers for admin. I still loved working for the school because in spite of that I had confidence in the leadership. Now, I've become dissolution and I'm hating going to school. Im starting to think of leaving teaching. For sure, this will be my last year in this school. I'm done.

Still, I have to force myself to do the best I can and get passed this so that I can survived this year. I have much to think about as to what I will be doing next. It's always difficult to start over --- specially at this point of my life but it's not like I haven't done it before.

Just wanted to sound OFF a bit. It's been on my mind for a long time. Thanks for reading!

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Oct 26, 2014

Sorry it's come to this for you. You're sure that a change of school or district won't work and that a complete exit is the best solution? If that is the case, let that be your survival technique. You're a short-timer and can concentrate on making this final year the best for you and your students. You have nothing to lose.

4. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Oct 26, 2014

No cat, I'm not sure. However, I don't think I want to be in the classroom any more. I'm thinking that I can pursue something with education, outside of the classroom given that my degrees are not in education but can serve as a support, i.e. technology --- web base learning applications, application management, just some things I'm working in my head. Just preliminary thoughts --- we'll have to do some deep thinking.

Yes, I plan on merging myself on working hard for my students. I have to do was right.