activities needed

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by 1st-yr-teacher, Nov 6, 2006.

1. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Nov 6, 2006

I need some activities needed for two level A first graders.

These two can not complete the seat work that the rest of the class is able to do on their own. So what I was thinking was pulling these two during my highest group(level g and higher-3 students)small group time and work on the areas they are struggling with(I only wanted to do this two/three times a week so that I don't neglect my higher students).

One is adhd and just can not focus long enough to learn anything(big group. one on one and small group seems to work somewhat)

she knows all of her letters but mixes up "d" and "b" which is something that is not out of the ordinary. When it comes to spelling, she would spell pig, "ipg" and animal "knml"( I really have no idea where the k came from, I think it was one of those moments that she was not focusing).

I need some ideas on how to bring up both of their reading level. I wanted to pull them and go through the seat work with them and then do a small activity. After the small activity, I wanted to give them a simple seat work activity/worksheet that would reinforce the skills.

could anyone give any activities ideas? I have been using alphabet arches and elkonin boxes along with guided reading in the lowest level of reading with these two.

sorry so long!

3. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Nov 7, 2006

no ideas??? come on..i know you have them:)

4. IPinPa

IPinPa Rookie

Nov 7, 2006

stories on tape?