ACP Payroll Deduction

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by EducateElise, Aug 18, 2007.

1. EducateElise

EducateElise Rookie

Aug 18, 2007

Anyone here enrolled in Texas Teachers? If so do you know if they are flexible when it comes to payroll deductions?

My payroll deduction paperwork arrived today and they have divided the amount owed into 10 month payments. Meaning I owe them $360 a month and I wonder if I will be able to wing it:eek: I take my apartment rent and utilities, etc. into consideration. It will be very tight if even possible. Do you know if I can get the amount lowered?

The agreement says the payment is not to exceed the $384 of initial payment but it sure is mighty close!

3. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Aug 18, 2007

To my understanding I don't think you can. Nothing I have read said we had the option, but I would call your acp to find out for sure.

4. Malcolm

Malcolm Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2007

You can always claim extra exemptions on your W4 to increase your take home. The down side is that you may wind up owing the government at tax time.

5. fratbrats

fratbrats Comrade

Aug 19, 2007

I'm with Texas Teachers, but I just sent the paperwork to the office yesterday. So, I'm not sure how that will work. I'm not taking health insurance, because my husband has it, so that will help. I may add on dental (so I'll have double coverage) and life during open enrollment in October.

It wouldn't hurt to ask. I know the reason that they take it out in 10 months. So, they can recommend you for certification at the end of the school year. If you spread it out another 2 months, then you'll have to wait 2 more months for certification.

Perhaps you could tutor for some extra $$$$. I have 3 children of my own that are elementary age, so I already tutor for free.:lol:

6. kdw1913

kdw1913 Companion

Aug 19, 2007

I'm with Texas Teachers too. I haven't received anything saying the amount of my monthly deductions. I have the same concern as you. If I find out anything, I'll be sure to post it.

7. hdmeza

hdmeza Companion

Aug 19, 2007

I am with Texas Teachers, I spoke w/ them before i filled out the paperwork. They said the amount of installments depends on district policy, i got lucky mine divides it for the whole 12 months, but most want it paid by the end of May, so only 10 months.

However, you can pay extra like around tax return time, and lower what is left to pay.