aching hand

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by shouldbeasleep, Jul 23, 2011.

1. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2011

I am so uncomfortable right now. My left hand is throbbing and aching. I don't usually complain about arthritis, but today I just plain hurt. You know how they tell you to stay ahead of the pain? This one snuck up on me.

I put some of my $90 pain medication on it. This is stuff that I only use if nothing else is working. I turned the heater on and keep my hand down there near the heat if I'm not typing. It's been going on for about an hour, non-stop.

Someone tell me what else I can do. Any home remedies? Any kind of tea I can drink? Maybe I should send my son out for some brandy.

I don't want to make an appointment with my doctor and get a cortizone shot unless I absolutely can't take it anymore.

Anyone?

3. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jul 23, 2011

So sorry you are dealing with this pain. {{{Hugs}}}

4. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 23, 2011

how about.acupuncture? I use Biofreeze for achy muscles...the roll on kind maybe thatll help

5. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Jul 23, 2011

cycle through some different things, wrapping it, ice, holding it above your heart, below your heart, etc. Until you find a smidgen of relief. Once you have that build on what you did, if holding it up helps, add ice if ice doesn't help add heat. I know that sounds frustrating and the long way around but when I have pain like that it can be the only way to find a solution. Obviously something new has come along to irritate things and you will need to fiddle around to find a solution. Hugs

6. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2011

Thank you. I guess I did the moving it around thing because I went to bed. And when I did that, I kept moving it to up by my face, then down. And out into the air conditioned room and then tucked under the pillow. Finally I just fell asleep and woke up with it being fine again.

Thanks for the suggestions and the sympathy. I just needed to type it out yesterday and tell someone (boo hoo) cause no one was around to sympathize with me. Sort of like "It hurts, Mommy. Make it better."

I think I will invent a glove that you put on that has a heating and a cooling element in it. How hard would that be to make?