"Abuse" identified by psychic

Discussion in 'General Education' started by 3Sons, Jun 19, 2008.

1. 3Sons

3Sons Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2008

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_23845.aspx

Sad story for the mother of an autistic child: a school aide visited a psychic who said a student of hers was being sexually abused, the aide reported it, and now the mother has a case file and has to deal with an investigation.

3. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Jun 19, 2008

OMG! I can't even fathom taking a psychic's word about something that serious! That poor mother--I hope she files a defamation or libel suit. She has every right.

4. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jun 19, 2008

I can't believe Child Services went through with this!!! My bf works for Child Services as a family case manager. You would think they were busy enough with other cases to listen to such a ludacris statement. Unbelievable.

5. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jun 19, 2008

I just talked to my bf. He said that they have to open a case when a call is made. He said they should have screened this out though. But when a call is made they have to open a case and investigate.

6. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Jun 19, 2008

That's absolutely ridiculous. I'm usually not one to support litigation against the school board since it's really tax payer money, but that was absolutely ridiculous. It made me mad and I'm don't even know these people. If I were her, I would sue the aid personally for libel and defamation of character and ask that her credentials be reviewed due to lack of sound judgement. There were better things to with time and money than chase a psychic lead!

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 19, 2008

I don't see how they could take the word of a psychic as truth enough to report.

8. teachertexas

teachertexas Rookie

Jun 19, 2008

This is ridiculous!

I wonder why the principal and classroom teacher even took it seriously. Why didn't they ask for concrete proof before calling the parent into school?

9. Bookworm

Bookworm Companion

Jun 19, 2008

This is crazy! All staff involved need to be fired. How dare they even consider what the psychic said as proof. I hope the mother gets lots of $ from that school board.

10. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jun 19, 2008

That woman's credentials should be yanked faster than a barefoot man would jump off of a bed of flaming coals. Better yet, she should be investigated, and convicted of, child abuse, since this is exactly what she did.

Sorry, I deal with enough children who were victims of REAL abuse to have any tolerance for this kind of crud.