? about Praxis I scores

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by Zanadu, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Zanadu

Zanadu Companion

Jun 28, 2007

I took the Praxis I PPST in April. I finally broke down and called to get my scores since I still haven't received them nor has the schools I had them sent to. On the phone they asked me to pick a state for my scores. I picked one and they gave me the scores for that state. Are they different for each state? It seems like the score would be the only score. The difference would be whether or not it meets another states criteria which they have on their website. Am I missing something? The reason I ask is because we are overseas right now. I should graduate right before we go back to the states. My husband is retiring and we'll go where ever we can both get jobs. We're not to picky on the state, just the region. I'd like to compare my score for different states if at all possible.

BTW, my scores were even higher than I had hoped for-yeah, even the math. Thanks to those here who helped me (Teachergroupie). I am in your debt.

3. Zanadu

Zanadu Companion

Jun 28, 2007

You know, I just figured it out. Sorry, it's really late at night here.

4. hp123

hp123 Comrade

Jun 28, 2007

Can you tell me the content on the Math I praxis?

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 28, 2007

hp123, see either http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/PRAXIS/pdf/0730.pdf (for the paper and pencil version of PPST Math) or http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/PRAXIS/pdf/5730.pdf (for the computerized version).

smcneely, you're welcome. Let me answer your question anyway, just because someone else is likely to wonder and I happen to have a definitive answer handy: Yes, Praxis scores do vary from state to state. See http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/PRAXIS/pdf/09706passingscores.pdf for a list of scores by test and by state.

6. Zanadu

Zanadu Companion

Jun 28, 2007

Now, that's a handy chart. This is the reason I was freaking out: while on the phone they gave me the answers for my state. Then the recording said that if I wanted my scores for another state I would have to go back in the menu and I would be charged another $25. Why would anyone opt for that if they could take their score and compare it for themselves to see if they passed in another state? I figured I had to be missing something. But there must be someone out there who chooses that option if they have it on their menu.