abc's

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by kindergarden, Aug 1, 2007.

1. kindergarden

kindergarden Rookie

Aug 1, 2007

Does anyone know any good abc songs? I can remember some teachers doing movements with the abc's, for example b- they would pretend to bounce a ball, u- they would point up to the sky, etc. I just want to get away from the boring abc song and try and add some movement. Let me know some of your good ideas:)

3. jenejoy

jenejoy Companion

Aug 1, 2007

We love the HUngry little worm song:

I'm a hungry little worm, and if you come with me, I'll nibble through the alphabet all the way from A to Z...On A I'll eat an apple, On B...

My kids love it! We have a book that goes along with it and then we do little hand movements. You can google it I believe if you are interested.

4. kindergarden

kindergarden Rookie

Aug 1, 2007

Sounds great thanks!!

5. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 1, 2007

I use several of Dr. Jean songs and I also purchased a writing/reading supplemental kit called Secret Stories. It comes with a CD all about the letter sounds. I use as many movements with the songs as I can. My kids really enjoyed the songs, and many of my parents would tell me that their kids kept singing the songs at home too!

6. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2007

I 2nd Dr. Jean. "Who Let the Letters Out" and "Letter Aerobics" are both on her "Kiss Your Brain" cd.

We do an "ABC Rap" that was recorded by a local K teacher here. His name is Brian Holland and I bet you could find his stuff online.

7. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

I just bought Dr. Jean's Kiss your brain cd. Very impressed. Another singer/songwriter is Jack Hartmann. \

http://www.jackhartmann.com/

I use his songs all year long. I really enjoy the Hip Hop Alpha Bop 1 and 2.

Good Luck!

8. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2007

Greg and Steves ABC song is great, too.

9. amazngraece

amazngraece Rookie

Aug 2, 2007

Do you all use Zoo-Phonics? Iit has the kinesthetic character movements with the letter signs, and isolated sounds. Everyone out here loves it!

10. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 2, 2007

Every kindergarten teacher should have at least one CD from each of these people. In fact, wouldn't it be nice if every new k teacher got a CD in a getting started package.

11. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Aug 2, 2007

In my district they have started giving the new units the cd's. Us older units have to buy our own! But I consider it money well worth spending!