ABC Family Shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 2, 2014

I know some of us like some of the shows on there. I love PLL, Twisted, Melissa & Joey, & Switched at Birth.

I just found out Ravenswood's been cancelled. Feb, 4th was the last episode. I had DVR'd, but not watched the last 5 episodes, so I won't bother watching them. I really wanted to love that show & I had watched every episode (until these last 5).

If you like Jennie Garth & Tori Spelling, they'll be in a new show called Mystery Girls.

There's also 2 other new shows coming up called Young & Hungry & Chasing Life. I'll give them a whirl.

3. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Mar 2, 2014

I like PLL and Switched at Birth. I find that ABC family tends to cancel new shows with no warning/no wrap up if they don't do well the first season, so I tend to wait to see if the show will actually last before getting invested.

4. msaly

msaly Comrade

Mar 3, 2014

I watch Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy. However they are on at the same time American Idol and other shows that I watch on ABC are on so I usually watch them on OnDemand over the weekends when I'm bored. I tried watching a few others and didn't really get into them.

5. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 3, 2014

I haven't started any "new" shows on quite a while, and this isn't ABC Family, but ABC-I am intrigued by the show Resurrection starting next Sunday. However, Sunday night is the only night I really watch anything regularly (Amazing Race, Good Wife, Walking Dead), so I'm not sure if I want to add something else.

I am like waterfall-a show has to get established before I can start watching it. I made the mistake of getting into 666 Park Avenue and it went poof, with no resolution.

6. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Mar 3, 2014

The only show I watched on that channel is The Fosters. I discovered it during Christmas break. They had a marathon of the show so I was able to view most of its first season. I hope it doesn't get cancel.

Thanks for the heads up on Ravenswood, I had been taping the shows too. I'll be deleted them.

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Mar 3, 2014

I really wanted to like Ravenswood. The premise was really cool but I think the actors were horrible (I still can't figure out how Caleb could just up and leave Rosewood and plant himself in a new town without anyone noticing). I think he needs to go back to Rosewood because Hannah is a mess without him LOL

8. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Mar 3, 2014

Why would a show only being one season long make it less interesting to watch? Some shows have been wonderful for a season. Just think of it as a miniseries.

9. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 3, 2014

My example-666 Park Avenue. Great characters, juicy plot, gorgeous sets-then it was cancelled. And so much was left in the air! No resolution!

10. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Mar 3, 2014

I guess if I really like a show knowing that there are fewer episodes does not lessen my enjoyment of the episodes that exist.

That said, I've watched one ABC Family show ever, and it was Bunheads, which was also cancelled after a season. It was quite good, but just not making money for them. I don's usually find myself interested in shows with primarily teenage characters, which is mostly what's on that channel anymore. The exception seems to be shows like Bunheads and Glee, which focus on music and dance performances. I find myself watching less and less TV each year.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 3, 2014

I've had a lot of shows in my lifetime have early cancellations without any forewarning...mostly because back then, the internet either wasn't around at all or maybe there weren't websites back then telling the public what's been cancelled.

In the 90s, I used to love:

Pacific Palisades
    Models Inc.

Also...Boston Public, Make It or Break It, Malibu Shores, Once & Again, Ugly Betty, Charmed, & so many more.

There's others I'm forgetting off the top of my head, I know.

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Mar 3, 2014

I was annoyed when I found out the Lying Game was cancelled. I wanted to see who killed the cop and what happened when everyone discovered the girls were twins! Like another poster, I hate when things are left unresolved.

13. msaly

msaly Comrade

Mar 3, 2014

I was mad about this too! But ABC aired the final episodes online and on Saturday's I want to say over the summer. There was a resolution, but I wish the show continued on!

14. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 3, 2014

Ooh I'll have to check online for the final episodes! That was such a visually cool show.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 3, 2014

I never started watching that 666 Park Ave.

The shortest-airing show I've ever seen was Lucky 7. After just the pilot episode, it was already off! I thought the storyline was quite interesting.

16. msaly

msaly Comrade

Mar 3, 2014

I enjoyed that pilot, I was surprised it was cancelled so quickly.

I also enjoyed Killer Women, and I am disappointed that they ended that show with a huge cliff hanger!

17. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 3, 2014

I've never heard of the great majority of these shows...but then again, I rarely watch tv and when I do I'm mostly either watching news programs, sports...or on occasion, my vice- reality shows. survivor, Amazing Race and occasionally Housewives...:lol:

18. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Mar 3, 2014

PLL creeped me out with the affair with a teacher.

Grey's, Nashville, The Following, and The Voice are my four. Also sometimes Sister Wives.

19. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 4, 2014

Little couple returns tonite on TLC!!!

20. stargirl

stargirl Companion

Mar 5, 2014

I really enjoyed the first several episodes of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (take off from Alice in Wonderland); I don't know if there is supposed to be a whole season's worth but I think the next episode is scheduled to air (after a winter season hiatus) sometime in mid March.

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 9, 2014

I'll be glad when the shows Mistresses & Devious Maids return!

22. msaly

msaly Comrade

Mar 9, 2014

Me too!

23. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Mar 10, 2014

I didn't know Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was on ABC Family.
    I watched a few episodes on HULU and hated it. That girl is not a good Alice. Bleh!! I don't think any of the actors in that show are as good as the ones in Once Upon a Time.

24. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 10, 2014

TeacherNY, not all of the shows people talked about are on ABC Family & that's one of them. :)

25. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Mar 10, 2014

Silly me I thought that was the title of the thread LOL Oh well!

26. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 10, 2014

No, you're right. :) The title does say ABC Family shows after all.

27. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 10, 2014

I liked Bunheads. I didn't like the name but it was a cute show. I wish it had been renewed.

28. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 30, 2015

Anyone been watching Chasing Life? I have since day 1. It's a nice show. It's not the usual happy show. The show's about this 20 something lady with cancer & the trials & tribulations that she goes through.

Still loving Switched at Birth, which just started up again.

29. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Aug 30, 2015

I loved SAB too, but it drives me crazy sometimes! I swear, Bay just cannot catch a break! And Daphne just never learns her lesson with guys...

30. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 31, 2015

yellowdaisies, I agree. At first, I didn't care for Bay's constant sourpuss attitude, but I guess I've gotten used to it. Daphne used to be the sensible one, but she's gotten into some unwise antics as the show went on.

31. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 2, 2015

I'm still watching it. I was shocked at what happened after the wedding. I think eventually April and Dominic will get back together.