ABA Tutoring Interview

Discussion in 'Paraprofessionals' started by Kellie McGrath, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Kellie McGrath

Kellie McGrath Companion

Jul 7, 2016

Hello,

I have an interviewer tomorrow for an ABA Tutoring position and I have zero ideas of what to expect. Can anyone give me any insight into potential questions or even more of what the job might entail. I know that I would be working with students in a regular classroom and running the program that the certified analyst has made. But other than that I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 7, 2016

Can you clarify, please? Would you be a para in this classroom or the lead teacher following a prescribed program?

4. Kellie McGrath

Kellie McGrath Companion

Jul 7, 2016

Well I would not be a lead teacher definitly-but they have paras and then they have ABA tutors. I am assuming that paras work with the kids who have other IEP needs and ABA tutors are just for students with ASD. Here is what the post states:

ABA tutors needed to provide support to students with ASD in the general educational setting or in a sub separate classroom.

Thats all. I just don't know what to exepct for this type of interview

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 7, 2016

Hmmm, ok...so you're not going to be a para.
    Seems to me that you would be asked about any experiences you have with kids with learning and behavior needs. Be prepared to talk about what you know of ABA, how you work as a member of a team, 'scenario' kinds of questions (what would you do if...) .

6. Kellie McGrath

Kellie McGrath Companion

Jul 7, 2016

Yeah-I am looking up more about ABA best practices. They know I have no experience with ABA specifically but I really like this school district. Its hard to get into so I am going to go and see what happens.