A yearly calender

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by annetxa, Aug 11, 2010.

1. annetxa

annetxa Rookie

Aug 11, 2010

The center that I am going to start at does a yearly calender for their 3 year olds. Any ideas of what to put in it?

3. annetxa

annetxa Rookie

Aug 11, 2010

A little more info...

It is a calender where the children submit pictures of different artwork and stuff. I will take any suggestions.

4. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Aug 12, 2010

There is a website out there where they do a hand print for each month. The good thing is you can do it pretty much whenever you are ready. Sept...apple, Oct...spider, Nov...turkey and so on.

5. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Aug 14, 2010

Do you mean they map out thier lesson plans a year in advance? If so....I would only include the seasons and perhaps some holidays and vacations for the program. We are quite emergent here and I would have a really hard time mapping out actual lessons that far in advance. We do have a cirric hand out that is a year long and it covers those seasons, what fairy tale/nursery rhyme, which opposites, science topic, family night, service project and so on that we will be talking about. However, what we actually do during that theme is decided much closer to the actual week. We have a great summary handout for each topic that we use AFTER.