A vent about sharing a class

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by zoey'smom, Oct 23, 2010.

1. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Oct 23, 2010

I haven't posted anything for awhile, but I had to vent a little bit. It has been a rough year so far. My dad's health is not very good and we just found out my father-in-law has cancer. I teach kindergarten in the morning and preschool in the afternoon. I share the kindergarten class with a brand new teacher. I teach the the language arts, reading and handwriting. She does math and science and does some centers.

This summer I signed the kindergarten class up for a leaf exchange before i knew i would share a class. I thought it would be fun. It has become a nightmare. I talked to the teacher to see if she wanted to do it, but of course I would still help. She asked me to laminate the leaves, make labels for the envelopes, and help make the display as the leaves came in. Everything is in my name. I get all the emails and forward them to her. All the leaves are coming to me. Yesterday, I went to get the paper with our information to put with the leaves and found she put miss ------ class and didn't even mention me. I could not believe it. When I said something she got mad. Maybe I shouldn't be upset, but why am I helping do the work. Plus this is my class too.

This has been a long year already. I just needed to vent. I guess maybe my feelings were hurt a little bit, plus my emotions about everything else doesn't help.

3. schoolteacher

schoolteacher Habitué

Oct 23, 2010

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time.

I don't blame you for feeling upset. The other teacher needs to know that what she did was inappropriate. Her angry reaction was designed to put you off from asserting yourself. Don't let that stop you from letting her know calmly that all communications must include both of your names.

I hope things get better for you soon.