A Tribute to Superb Parents!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 7, 2009

Although there are a lot of no-good, loser parents out there, which we tend to hear more about on the news, etc., there are certainly a lot of genuinely wonderful parents out there too.

Let's pay a tribute & comment on our own great parents and/or those of some of your students! :)

My parents are truly fantastic! I'm their only child & they've sacrificed so that I can have a great childhood & life. I thank them for all they've ever done.

To name a few things, I've never had a babysitter, so no one has to worry what that person did while they were away. They never smoked or drank, or partied. I was the most important person in their lives. They gave me the best they could offer.

They probably didn't have to be quite so strict, but they raised me the best they knew how.

(I don't want anyone biting my head off from being offended. Now, I'm not saying that if you've had babysitters, you shouldn't do that. People have to make due w/ what situation they're in. :))

3. loveforquantum

loveforquantum Rookie

Jan 7, 2009

My mom is AMAZING!
    If it weren't for her, seriously, i'd probably some crack addict or alcoholic or something horrible like that.

She took me in when times were bad. She made me realize that there is good in the world. She gave me real love, and loved me like she gave birth to me. She always had rules that i didnt like, and i fought with her over them; she never backed down. She gave me the discipline i sincerly needed. She did everything she could to help (and still does). She's the greatest person i know.

I love my mom. <3333

4. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jan 7, 2009

My parents were my PARENTS when I was young. They said what they meant and they meant what they said. They included me in their lives and were involved with mine but did not make me the center of the universe. They taught me to earn what I wanted. They were consistent, fair, loving, and fun. But they were NOT my friends. I respect them so very much for having boundaries.

Now that I'm an adult, we are very good friends!

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 7, 2009

I loved my mom and she was my very best friend!

6. loveforquantum

loveforquantum Rookie

Jan 7, 2009

OOps, i forgot to mention my dad too. i feel really bad now.

He was great. He passed away shortly after i was adopted (i was 13) , so i didnt know him well. he passed away when i was 14. I remeber he used to tell me bedtime stories, even though i was 13, and i told him i was too old for them. I missed them after he passed away.

i remember this one time when my mom was out of town, and there was a dance at school i wanted to go to.... He tried to style my hair for me. heh.. needless to say, i went to the dance with my hair hanging at my shoulders. We had a good laugh over that one..

He was really the first, and last Father i had. My bio dad was sent to jail when i was three, so i never actually knew him. but that's beside the point.

Here's what i should have said before:
    I love my parents. My REAL parents.

7. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jan 7, 2009

I have 23 students. Out of those 23 students, 99% of the parents read and sign the planners daily. The homework turn in for my students incredible. (in first grade, homework completion is all about the parents involvement)
    I have more parent volunteers this year than ever.

I have great parents this year.

8. loveforquantum

loveforquantum Rookie

Jan 7, 2009

That's a great thing to have. My students are all independent as far as that's concerned. (I teach mostly seniors, and a couple juniors..) However, they dont seem to take an interest in their child's education. Exept for when they recieve a low or failing grade-- Then they get angry.

A few of them have great parents though.

9. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jan 8, 2009

My mom was wonderful. She was my best friend and I miss her so much. She did a great job raising me...everyone says so:)

10. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jan 8, 2009

god could not have given me better parents :) I love them so much

11. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jan 8, 2009

I got goose bumps from reading all of these posts! I love hearing that people are thankful for the way they were raised. Keep it up for generations!

12. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 8, 2009

I could have written this same exact post about my mom. :)

13. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jan 8, 2009

I love both my mom and dad; I'm so lucky that I have them as my parents. My dad actually just came all the way out from New York to help me back less than six months after he moved me out to Colorado in the first place.