So, I posted a few weeks ago that I had found a new job. Well, because I was on vacation, I didn't get to submit my resignation until after I returned. I missed our deadline by two days. So, now, my superintendent has agreed to release me when a "suitable replacement" has been found. Now, my new job will hold my position for me, thank goodness, but my old district could conceivably drag their feet until August and make me stay! And I wish I knew what a suitable replacement meant. I am so angry I could spit! Now, I can't do anything but hover. I can't sign my new contract, I can't move on, I can't do any of that! Do I have any recourse? I don't want to risk my teaching license.