A step in the right direction

Discussion in 'General Education' started by lucybelle, Mar 12, 2015.

1. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Mar 12, 2015

Can I just say how pumped I am to be a teacher right now? I have had the chance to go to three content specific PDs this semester and each one has been amazing. We are given tons of really cool information, then we do a lab and talk about it. Then we're given ALL THE SUPPLIES WE NEED to do the lab with all our students! It's been GREAT. I couldn't be happier. At a time where most of us are getting burned out, this is exactly what I needed. I have enough resources to get through this entire unit (second to last baybee) with tons of fun labs.

This is what professional development should look like.

I am rejuvenated and ready to get back in the classroom and get at this topic (hydrology).

Yehaw!:haha::haha:

(random, just wanted to share!)

3. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Mar 12, 2015

That is awesome!! We so rarely get to hear good things about PD that it's great to hear about it when it is good. I like the way my district does PD too, with an array of seminars to choose from and time to collaborate with our PLNs.

Our district is also offering to pay us extra to attend three optional PD days over the first weeks of summer, with some of the time allowed to be spent collaborating or planning individually. I am so happy to be getting paid for work I would have done for free over the summer (shhh, don't tell them I said that!!!).

4. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Mar 12, 2015

That sounds so fun!

5. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Mar 14, 2015

Neat! I love PDS where you actually learn something an feel like you can go and do something differently immeditely.

6. cafekarma

cafekarma Rookie

Mar 14, 2015

I love reading posts like this. I recently had a similar PD experience, and it felt like Christmas! The best PDs are the ones we can really use.