A"STAR" THEME

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by skohliem, Jun 28, 2007.

1. skohliem

skohliem New Member

Jun 28, 2007

Hey everyone I am a seccond year teacher and new to this site. I was looking for some ideas on how to incorporate a "star" theme in my classroom. I really want something catchy for the door. Any help would be greatly aprreciated!

3. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Jun 28, 2007

How about...."follow the stars"?

OR...

"Open the door to the stars."

4. JennH1213

JennH1213 Companion

Jun 28, 2007

I'm doing a star theme as well. On a big outside bulletin board I am going to have like a movie star/theatre theme. I'm going to get some red fabric to make curtains and then put "Now Showing: 2nd Grade...Starring..." I am then going to put all the kids' names on stars and maybe get some popcorn to decorate. (I may even take pictures of all of them if I have time.)

I was also thinking of "Reaching for the Stars in 2nd Grade", "Introducing the Stars of Room 207!" , or "Blasting Off Into Space" with rockets and stars.

I hope this helps! Good luck! I am preparing for my second year of teaching as well!

5. rose05

rose05 Rookie

Jun 28, 2007

My grade partner uses a star for her homework binder. She uses the word as an acronym for Students Taking Awesome Responsibility. She has a bulletin board which displays their "shining work". Also, she has a pattern for a big star that is used each month for the students to record their memories. She saves them and at the end of the year they make a booklet.

6. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2007

I decided to do this board to for September!! I saw this somewhere and wanted to do it last year, but did a star board with the kids pictures on them. I forgot the title of the board though.......

7. Tulips

Tulips Rookie

Jun 28, 2007

At the start of last year, I did a star BB in my classroom. It had the title "we are here to shine" on it. Then the students each added their own star to the BB which they wrote their name on and put glitter on. Then I had them draw a self portrait that we put up on the BB next to their star. It looked really nice and gave me a gauge for where each of the students were at with their handwriting and artistic skills. I also had then redo the picture at the end of the year so they could see how much growth they had made throughout the year.

8. BASAM

BASAM Comrade

Jun 29, 2007

JOB CHART could be STAR HELPERS

A bulletin board that is for STAR of the WEEK - to get know a new student in detail every week

SHOOT FOR THE STARS board/chart where you chart a goal that the class is working on

9. lisascs

lisascs Rookie

Jun 29, 2007

Great ideas. What would be a good idea for 4th graders to welcome them to class?

10. BASAM

BASAM Comrade

Jun 29, 2007

I know someone who had a Board game theme in 4th grade (and then she collected Board games to use on snow days/indoor recess days)

Scrabble for homework chart (names were made out of brown paper that looked like tiles)
    Monopoly was the job chart
    Pyramid game was where the class goal was monitored

I can't remember the rest.............