A solution to a bad day

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Backroads, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Feb 13, 2020

I'm kind of having a bad day today. Truth be told, it has nothing to do with the school or the students. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, briefly thought it was Friday and not Thursday, had a minor medical procedure the other day where I was told to take it easy for the next few days and I have but apparently I didn't fully understand how drained I might feel, yada yada.

I wanted my students to do a little art project for President's Day. I have some kids that will just mindlessly scribble if they don't have an example, so I used some of my prep to create an example.

Friends, coloring with broken crayons from the lost crayon box is so incredibly relaxing!

Tired Teacher and vickilyn like this.
  3. a2z

a2z Maven

Feb 14, 2020

LOL
    I hope you recover quickly. I hate when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed. It is so hard to shake the mood.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  4. cupcakequeen

cupcakequeen Comrade

Feb 14, 2020

What a weird coincidence! This has been a super long, stressful week, so for my writing activity of the day yesterday I planned a DIY Valentine Card thing. I made a sample and had a few extra minutes so I decided to decorate it. I used my "varying states of functionality" colored pencils instead of crayons, but you're right, it was surprisingly relaxing!

Backroads likes this.
  5. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Devotee

Feb 14, 2020

I hope you get to feeling better soon. 1x I woke up to a friend pounding on my door. I thought it was Saturday, but it was Friday. I was late to work! It was such a huge school, that an entire wing covered for me. I hate it when days get mixed up!!! lol

6. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Feb 18, 2020

I'm going to try another little art project today.

Today... um, if I were a better teacher/human being/citizen of the community, I wouldn't actually be at school right now. Things happened this morning that we usually tell the students to stay away from school for 24 hours afterwards.

But I have conferences coming up and I didn't want to make sub plans.

I had a room mom show up to volunteer, so I put a good show on for her while she was here and even all the morning, but now...

Mood wise, I'm all right.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  7. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Devotee

Feb 22, 2020

The things we feel obligated to do as teachers! :) Remember use your sick days. I have so many sick days, I'll never be reimbursed for! :)

8. Lisabobisa

Lisabobisa Companion

Feb 24, 2020

I have a coloring app on my phone that I use frequently, especially on bad days!!