A question for those of you handing out resumes...

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by ilithiya, Mar 28, 2006.

1. ilithiya

ilithiya Rookie

Mar 28, 2006

I've been seeing posts where people are sending out 80, 85, or more resumes...

...where do you send them all??? I was under the impression that most districts do the hiring at the dist hq and then assign teachers to schools.

Can someone explain this to me, please? :D

Illy

3. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Mar 28, 2006

Our district lets each school hire their own teachers. Of course those teachers have to be approved by the school board, but the principals/committee get the most say. You are requested to send your application and all paper work to the district office. It's in your best interest to call the principal personally and try to get an appointment for an interview.

I know the district that is in the next town to us (30 miles away) does a mass hiring, and assigns teachers to schools. A lot of times in that district teachers will get hired, but won't know what grade they are teaching until 2 weeks before school starts.

4. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Mar 28, 2006

In my area most postings (in the newspaper, school district websites, etc) ask for all of the paperwork to be sent to the district admin. building. They then forward the info. to the principals who have openings. What I usually do, though, if the specific school where the opening is is listed in the ad I will send a cover letter and resume directly to that principal and just state in my cover letter that I have also sent all of my paperwork to the admin building. It's usually the principal who sets up the interview and then the person who is chosen by the principal needs to be approved by the superintendent before being appointed to the position.