A nuther VP sale

Discussion in 'General Education' started by pwhatley, Jul 16, 2008.

1. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 16, 2008

http://ebm.e.vistaprint.com/c/tag/hBIfdmqAZdBOAB7R$c9BsiEFf1U/doc.html

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 16, 2008

Vistaprint ALWAYS has a sale going. Just be careful -- their emails are often misleading -- saying things like "Free shipping".. but the free shipping is only good on full price orders over $30. Buyer beware...

4. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 16, 2008

I'm a huge believer in caveat emptor (I hope I spelled that right - Cassie?). I NEVER buy anything but free items from VP. I can't afford their regular prices! LOL

5. SnoopyTeacher

SnoopyTeacher Companion

Jul 16, 2008

pwhatley...you are right, but the last time they had this sale, I went to the checkout and noticed that my shipping would be a bit under $30. I decided to "get" something for that money. I ordered the items I wanted, got more than I would have, and free shipping... Just a different outlook!!

6. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Jul 17, 2008

Somewhat related, but...

I just got my first shipment from vistaprint -- a note pad, sticky notes, a pen and a stamp..... I LOVE THEM!!!!!!

I am so pleased with the quality. Thank you, pwhatley, as you were one of the ones to "turn me on" to vistaprint in the first place! :)

7. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jul 17, 2008

*Sigh*

I relapsed tonight.

I've been on VP for about 3 hours now.

I was doing so good...no orders for three weeks!

I can't afford this addiction.

Eh, screw it, I'm having fun! :p

8. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 17, 2008

lol...I just got my last shipment a few days ago. I am missing the car magnet...hope it comes soon.

9. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 17, 2008

I have promised myself that I won't buy anything from VP until I actually sign my contract! After that, look out! LOL

10. teacherpippi

teacherpippi Habitué

Jul 17, 2008

I think they tend to send the car magnets in their own shipment via USPS, so it takes a little longer.

11. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jul 17, 2008

I've bought most of the great things that other people have designed. Someone needs to design some new stuff and post it so that I can do some shopping. I'm creatively challenged! :D

I finally got a friend to start ordering, so we can split the shipping!
    :lol:

12. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Jul 18, 2008

That's right pwhatley, you have to know how to play the "vista print game" in order to get the free stuff all the time.

Rule #1: Always click on the links in the e-mails they send you. Never type the vista url in your browser or you won't get any freebies.

Rule #2: ALWAYS be super careful at checkout and make sure none of the little boxes are checked on the "extras"- especially the magazines! PW is absolutely right - caveat emptor!

Rule #3: If what you want isn't free today, just wait because it will probably be free tomorrow

Rule #4: Never EVER pay for anything except shipping!

That's how you play the vista print game :p
    My vista deals

13. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2008

I have a tip for everyone....

Once you have finished your document and the page comes up that asks you to select how many you want, click on your cart. Presto- there is your item for free. You do not have to go through all those lame freebie offer pages. Then go back to your email & click another link for another item. I love having the email in one tab open, and vista print in another.

Hope this helps someone!

14. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2008

And I am NOT making another order. Help keep me strong people!

I did help my one of my best friends make an order. Does that count lol.

15. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jul 18, 2008

Uggh... #3 was just placed. I did pay for some of the premium business cards only because this is my LAST order *for right now*. I need to upload them to share with you all... And, then I need to start my OPEN HOUSE/Parent Meeting slideshow and include my "work" there also.

16. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 18, 2008

Way to go, y'all!

17. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 18, 2008

LOL completed an order for over $70 of things yesterday. I payed the sum total of $13.24. This was for premium business cards I stole... I mean borrowed from PWhatley "Have a High Five!" , personalized postcards with a picture of the square where they filmed "In The Heat of the Night" for our postcard exchange, notecards, and thank you notes. I just checked my basket and it says they have shipped already.
    The order from the day before is still showing "printing in progress".
    So thank you PWhatley ... you VP guru you... You have helped me get mega organized to motivate my kids.

18. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Jul 18, 2008

I'm a firm believer that heroin would be a cheaper addiction for me.:)
    Btw... how do I post my creations on here? Nothing fancy, but it might spark an idea for someone else and I love sharing ideas (so that I can steal all of your marvelous ideas!)

19. peridotylayne

peridotylayne Companion

Jul 18, 2008

1. You need a photo sharing account. I use www.photobucket.com

2. When you view your creations on the vistaprint website, go to "view larger" or whatever that link is [don't go for the VERY large one, but the middle sized view], right click and save to your computer.

3. Go to your photo sharing account and upload the pictures there.

4. If you use photobucket (I don't know about the others, but they should all be similar) click on the "image code " then paste that code here.

Hope that makes sense. :unsure:

20. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jul 18, 2008

We need a support group for this!

21. 2love2teach

2love2teach Companion

Jul 18, 2008

I put my word decoding strategies/reading strategies on the large post cards. I have a picture of a tool bag and it says "Fix Up Tools". I listed the strategies from one to ten. On the back of the card I have activities that kids can do after they read a book. I was going to but it in their 100 book challenge bag. Cute idea if anyone wants to borrow it.

22. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 18, 2008

sounds like a cute idea 2love2teach... tell me / show me more :) I was trying to decide what to put on the friday blowout free postcards.

23. 2love2teach

2love2teach Companion

Jul 18, 2008

I didnt get it yet so I dont know how to show you otherwise but on the postcard design I went to construction and picked the picture with the tool bag and next to the tool bag I have the heading Fix Up Tool. Under that it says "When I get to a word that I dont know stop reading and try: Then under that I have a list of strategies I use in the classroom. For Example, 1. Stretch it out. On the back it says "After I am finished reading I can:" and I have a numbered list of activities. I hope that makes sense!