A new one (she says, hiding behind a pillow to avoid the shoes flying at her...)

Discussion in 'General Education' started by pwhatley, Jul 2, 2008.

1. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 2, 2008

I wish I had my wedding date set in stone. I could order the save the date cards.

4. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 2, 2008

LOL! My first thought was DO IT! LOL

5. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 2, 2008

I didn't want to start another thread about Vistaprint :) but I have a question I am sure you Vistaprint professional can answer. Here's my problem, I have found the perfect graphic in the small post designs however, I would really like to order it in the larger postcard size. When I look through the designs offered with the larger postcard size, that design isn't offered. Is there any way to get the design from the small card to the larger card???

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread :)

6. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 2, 2008

No problem. When you are designing your oversized postcard, click on add graphic. Then click on search our image library. Type in key words to describe the graphic you want, and VP will bring up graphics that IT thinks meet your search requirements. There are some things for which I had to search several times using different key words. Then when it comes up, the image may be square. That's okay. What I have done in the past (because they won't let me resize a square image to a rectangle) is to first insert a background image (something either mottled or solid color to "match" the square image). You have to do it first, or you won't be able to see your main graphic. Does that make any sense???

7. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 2, 2008

pwhatley you are awesome :2up: Thanks to your great directions, I now have the postcard I really wanted. :woot:

8. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 2, 2008

Patti,

I ordered the cutest t-shirt and hat. I got their abc graphic and put "West Newton Wildcats" and then underneath I put "I'm a Super Reader". I am going to use them as prizes for my 1st and 2nd place AR students this coming year.

9. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jul 2, 2008

Thanks! No shoes comin off these feet.....I am jumping with JOY!:2up:
    Thanks for the explanation as well...I am still learning.

10. MsMaggs

MsMaggs Comrade

Jul 2, 2008

I got the ad too, PWhatley, and placed my 11th and 12th order this morning. ::Sigh:: And I thought I was cured from this addiction...as I was Vistaprint free for SEVEN whole days.:whistle: I'm still as excited about these orders as I was the first few. I think I'll be getting my 10th order today. Yay!!!:D

11. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 2, 2008

I'm so proud, sniff, sniff. Y'all have done so well!

:welcome: to the club! Now, of course, you are required to have a free online graphic hosting service/page, on which you can keep your copied images of the items you have created, and you can give us the web address so we can get inspired and make more, which will in turn inspire y'all, etc. Do you see the pattern?:D

Unfortunately, I can't order again until Saturday, because I don't have a paycheck coming in yet, and my dh doesn't get paid till Friday, and I'll have to ask him for my allowance! :(

However, I can still design & save stuff at VP, and have it ready to order on Saturday!!!:2up:

12. SnoopyTeacher

SnoopyTeacher Companion

Jul 2, 2008

How

How do you post your items to share?:confused:

13. MsMaggs

MsMaggs Comrade

Jul 2, 2008

Pwhatley, you sound like a VistaPrint cult leader.... :lol: I love it!

14. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Jul 2, 2008

I got that one. And I placed three orders today. Sad, but true. All stuff I had already designed and just needed more of. My t-shirts were free (no design fee) so I had to get at least 3 of those. And, of course, I'll need more. wink. wink.

My husband saw the ad. He said, "How many orders have you placed, like 20 or something?" It was so nice to say, "No, silly, not THAT many." He doesn't have to know it was close.

15. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 2, 2008

OK, I ordered some stuff. At least they were free items and I only had to pay a little over 5 bucks for shipping. But that's it! I'm not ordering any more!

(Maybe):whistle:

16. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 2, 2008

Awwww, I am so proud of you TeacherNY... I knew you could cave to the leadership of the Vistaprint guru PWhatley like the rest of us :).

17. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jul 2, 2008

*puts head down on desk*
    I too have succumbed to the Vistaprint. I ordered a T-shirt with our school name on it, and business cards.

18. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 2, 2008

LOL Miss W isn't it wonderful to know you aren't alone in your demise to the depths of Vistaprint.

19. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 2, 2008

Well, I made my husband look over my order to make sure I didn't order anything except the stuff I needed (business cards and window cling) for home tutoring that I want to advertise for. I haven't ordered anything for school. Hopefully I won't be pressured into ordering more!! *POINTING FINGER AT THE ADDICTS* :rolleyes:

20. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jul 2, 2008

Well, I mean... only $7.44 for all of that. I'm not passing that up.

21. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jul 2, 2008

Just want to say THANK YOU! DH saw someones webpage with all the designs and said you need some of that stuff.....Why Yes, I said....well you should make some, too ... so naturally I ordered!(again);)

Also got an order today and he said it all looked GREAT! Also, he agreed, I should allow students to keep hat, shirt or pen for B-day gift-choice of 1 item....therefor I need to order MORE!!!!!!!

My name is Candy and I am a VISTA Cult follower, I report only to pwhatley:lol:

22. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jul 2, 2008

Speaking of ordering.... I ordered some things from SmileMakers on the 30th, and they arrived today! That was fast. Unfortunatly, it's downstairs in the office and they just waxed the lobby entrance. I can't get down there to get it. I may go in the front entrance tomorrow and pick up the box, then drive to the back entrance so I can get to my classroom.

23. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 2, 2008

LOL Candy.

I haven't ordered for the second time today (yet) but I can feel the urge coming on again. I am trying to avoid it. We shall see.

I shall confess my downfall if I give in.

24. KatieC

KatieC Rookie

Jul 2, 2008

Thanks for the thread! I made my first purchase at VP today after reading about it for weeks... I love it! :cool:

I ordered business cards to give out as "get-out-of-homework-free" cards for my middle schoolers. I've been waiting for an excuse to order!

25. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 2, 2008

Oh My Goodness! I've created a monster! It's alive! It's alive!

I refuse to take the blame, umm I mean credit. It was Jem, and umm, ancientcivteach, and umm, oh yeah, Loves2teach! It wasn't me! It wasn't me! It's not fair! Wwwhhhaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

26. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jul 2, 2008

Please take it as a complement, we will all be personalized and cute in our classrooms this school year!
    Imagine the praises and smiles we will bring to parents, students and co-workers......:2up:

27. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 2, 2008

ROFL! No problem, MS_Candy! I'm sitting here surrounded by my own VP stash, and wondering when I can order something more personalized (as in, when am I going to get a job?)!

28. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Jul 3, 2008

Thanks, pwhatley! I just made cute brochures!

Here's one side

[​IMG]

29. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Jul 3, 2008

and the other

[​IMG]

30. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Jul 3, 2008

and parent conference reminders

[​IMG]

31. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jul 3, 2008

Well I hope soon! You are in my thoughts!

32. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 3, 2008

Uh..... yeah. I must have ordered so much stuff that the president took notice. He just e-mailed me and thanked me for my website promoting his company, and all my free advertising for them.

Maybe he'll send me a free shipping voucher? :woot:

33. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 3, 2008

Oh-just got this. It's the best ad I've seen in a long time:

http://ebm.e.vistaprint.com/c/tag/hBIbLTPAZdBOAB7R36AB$uqtDb7/doc.html?

34. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jul 3, 2008

Jem - is that the 4th of July special? It's awesome!

35. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 3, 2008

ROFL, Jem! Thanks!

36. dbelmo

dbelmo Rookie

Jul 3, 2008

VP addict here

I would like to personally thank each and everyone of you for the "links" to VistaPrint. I am now in need of a refinance to pay for shipping, my family is not eating, but I have so much cute stuff for my class this coming school year and then some!!

WOW! I never thought I could get so excited when someone posts a new link (Jem). I have made so many things!!!!

Do you think I have a problem 7 orders since Saturday? I only hope the boxes arrive when the hubby is still at work. (Maybe if I didn't have wifi with my laptop I would be a little less likely to order-- NO I don't thinkd so!)

Between VP and the penney sale at Staples next week-- I will be living on Ramen again!!:lol:

Thank you all for the retail therapy and support I get here, although I am more of a lurker than a poster. I just wanted you to know that you have created another VP ordering monster.

dbelmo

37. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 3, 2008

I think some of you will need a bigger house to fit all of this VP stuff. Then again, I don't see how you can afford a bigger house since you are spending all your money on that website. It's a vicious circle isn't it?

38. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 3, 2008

LOL, Doncha' just luv it?

I got the bulk of another order in today:

Business cards with my class rules (to take home for the fridge)
    Another set of 10 Thank you notes
    Oversized postcards with books & stuff across the bottom - I'm gonna write my students' names on them & use them for locker tags.
    Blank "large" magnets (10) - just a small graphic & a border on them - I'm sure I'll find a use for them, somewhere....
    Another notepad & sticky notepad with my name/initials on them - you can't have enough, can you?
    and finally, 100 postcards for missing assignments!

I still have a car magnet & return address stickers to come in that order, and a few more orders to come after that....

My orders tend to start coming about a week after I order them, how about y'all?

39. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Jul 3, 2008

I can't seem to get the website that Jem posted. Anyone else having difficulties? I don't think I am quite the addict yet, but I have tried to get others!!! Enjoy the 4th everyone!

40. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 3, 2008

Try this, thomps6:
    http://ebm.e.vistaprint.com/c/tag/hBIbLTPAZdBOAB7R36AB$uqtDb7/doc.html

Copy the address & paste it into the address bar of your web browser. Then press enter.

41. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Jul 3, 2008

Thank you so much! It worked! Now...what do I want???? Off to search ideas I go!