A Man's Grill

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by lilmisses1014, Apr 19, 2010.

1. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Apr 19, 2010

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BBQ RULES​

We'll be entering the BBQ season in a few months . Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...
    (1) The woman buys the food.
    (2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
    (3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
    (4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:
    (5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine...
    (6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
    (7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat

Important again:
    (8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine...
    (9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:
    (11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed
    ' her night off ' and, upon seeing her annoyed
    reaction, concludes that there's just no
    pleasing some women!

3. Major

Major Connoisseur

Apr 19, 2010

lilmisses1014,........... why is it so hard to please a woman anyway??? ..Especially after we work our butts off to please our SO's.........:lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Apr 19, 2010

Funny, Major, my husband said the same thing tonight! :p

5. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 19, 2010

How did you know what happened in my house Sunday night? :lol:

Except for, he "forgot" to light the grill, so I had to do that...then season them...then by the time it was hot, he was into a project, so I had to put the steaks on...then wait to flip them (3 minutes on one side for me, 5 minutes for him and everyone else)...then I went in to check on the potatoes, meanwhile the grill flared up (which I got blamed for)...luckily the steaks weren't too bad, so he took them off the grill.

And everyone told him how great the steaks were! Argh. Usually he is the grillmaster, but that night he was slacking! :rofl:

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2010

lol... fortunately mine does do the prep and seasoning, and we cook all the sides right on the grill, too, and he even cleaned up last night. lol. PLus, he also cooks when it is NOT on the grill.

However, it is weird that I never go near the grill. I don't even know how to use it. What is up with that?

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Apr 20, 2010

I end up bbqing most of the time since my husband always has projects going on in the yard or garage. If I waited for him to be done with them we'd never get to eat!

8. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Apr 20, 2010

This sounds like our Friday night every week (except when it's snowing). Every Friday night we go to a friends house and grill. When it's raining the grill gets moved under the carport.

Rule #7.5: The woman hands the man the fire extinguisher when the grill is covered by flames. (This happens at least 2 times a year at our house)

9. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 20, 2010

hhahahaha

Now that I think about it I don't grill either.

10. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Apr 20, 2010

I must be the exception. I can cook anything on a bbq grill. And when I say anything, I mean anything, including cakes and pies. I didn't set out to learn how to do this. The skill was born out of necessity, when my family had to live for several months without power or running water (or a roof, for that matter), in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew in Homestead, FL.

Also and exception, when my uncle was living with me, and it was a grill night, I was completely banished from the kitchen. I had to sneak in to get a drink for myself.

My dad on the other hand, well, lets just say that the OP might be a little to nice.

11. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Apr 20, 2010

:lol:

I've never grilled, either. Knowing me, I'd probably catch something on fire. :p

Very impressive, mmswm!! My husband has grilled pizzas before, but I never knew you could use the grill for cakes or pies!

12. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Apr 20, 2010

Well, live for a couple of months with a bbq grill as your only option for cooking and see how inventive you get :D

13. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

14. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 20, 2010

We do biscuits on the grill for biscuits and gravy. Yum!