A little vent

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Iowa_Teacher, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Sep 24, 2010

Ok, I know I'm not completely faultless in this, but I need to vent. I was in the teacher's lounge today and we were all trading war stories about how busy we are. I talked about how since I got cut to 1/2 time at the school I have to work at night too, so I'm really busy. A colleague freaked out on me and told me I was NOT the only one who was busy and I should try doing HER schedule!....Um I'd love to since she's full time...THEN she walked out, stopped at the door and said "Oh, and Iowa_Teacher, I really mean that" and THEN attacked me in the hall again like 5 minutes later! Now, I'm not saying I haven't vented about being busy--9 1/2 hour days between my 2 jobs suck HOWEVER, we were ALL talking about being busy...Why is she targeting me?? :huh:

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 24, 2010

Hey, if she's offering, I'm sure a swap could be arranged! Goodness gracious! :eek:

4. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Sep 25, 2010

She seems to have been having a bad day and decided for some reason to target you. Something about what you said must have struck a personal chord with her. I would not take it personally. It was just a bad day for her. And the above poster is right. If she says one more word, I would say, I would love to have a full time job. I wish that I could be in your shoes.

5. Starista

Starista Cohort

Sep 25, 2010

Ugh... People can be the worst!

I despise surrounding myself with toxic folk who like to play the "Whose Life Is Worse Game."

Seriously, I'd rather sit in my classroom and stare at the white board during my lunch that be with people who bring me down.

I'm sorry she reacted in such an ugly manner to you. Sure she might have been having a rough day... or a rough time at home -- who knows? But everyone has bad days, issues with kids/spouses, etc.

While we're expected to be kind and compassionate toward people, I personally have a difficult time excusing bad behavior.

Certainly try not to take it personally (which would be difficult for me) and enjoy your weekend. :love: