A little bit of encouragement - Keep on swimming!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ms99, Jul 8, 2012.

1. ms99

ms99 Rookie

Jul 8, 2012

Hey guys! I just wanted to give a little encouragement to those of you who are searching for a job, especially those of you looking for your first teaching job. It is HARD out there! Last year at this time, I was looking and felt like giving up. I ended up getting hired at the END of August AFTER the school year had already started. This last year was a crazy ride for me!

Anyway, I just felt like saying not to give up. You NEVER know when something great might happen for you. I just remember about this time last year I was getting so depressed thinking that it was just never going to happen for me. It was so frustrating to see/read other people getting jobs. It WILL happen for you if just keep going! Lots of :love::love::love::love: to all of you looking for a job and a big :thumb: for sticking with it!

-ms99

3. Jen84

Jen84 Companion

Jul 8, 2012

Thank you so much for posting such an encouraging message. :)

4. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Jul 8, 2012

Thank you so much for posting this. I really need it. I am finding myself getting more and more depressed about this whole, miserable job search. I like hearing about people who found jobs in August. It does help keep me going.

5. miskenzie

miskenzie Rookie

Jul 8, 2012

Yes, thank you for the encouragement! I really need it, having just found out that I was passed over for an interview at the school where I am currently employed (as an ed tech). Still waiting to hear back from another school where I have had my one and only interview, I am feeling pretty discouraged. It is nice to hear that there is still hope!

6. JamieB11

JamieB11 Companion

Jul 8, 2012

I am also feeling very discouraged. Trying to keep my head up, but it's hard. I feel like I have done everything I can think of, and to no avail (so far). Hoping I hear something soon! Thanks for the encouragement.

7. dream2bateach

dream2bateach Rookie

Jul 8, 2012

Thanks for the encouragement! Believe me, I need it. Being a new teacher, this is all new to me. I come from a corporate background and the whole job search process for teaching, from applying to interviewing is a whole different animal. So let's just say, I'm learning as I go. I was pretty bummed out last week because I was going through a lull in interviews, but I got a call Friday morning to come in for an interview, so that brightened my mood. Now that the July 4th holiday week is over, I'm hoping to get some phone calls for interviews for some jobs I've applied for over the last 2 weeks. Keeping my head up and forging ahead.

8. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Jul 8, 2012

I agree, don't give up! We start school at the beginning of September and I didn't get hired until October. It could happen anytime : )

9. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jul 8, 2012

I would love to teach Pre-K in a public school!
    Pretty much gave up the search after they kept telling me that I needed to be bilingual.
    I am bilingual; just not the linguals they wanted!
    Rebel1

10. Croissant

Croissant Comrade

Jul 8, 2012

I'd like to second that! I've been telling some of my friends the same thing. I remember how really depressed I was by this time last year. I was checking every website multiple times a day and considering putting in applications at local bookstores, etc. I was hired 3 weeks before the year started at a school that hadn't called me earlier in the summer for a different position. Don't give up hope. Crazy stuff happens!