A great reason for yearly dentist checkups...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Teaching Grace, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 15, 2009

I had trouble a couple weeks ago with my teeth and had to get a root canal. After all that, I just had to go back and do a cleaning, x-rays, and a full work-up.... after all that I have to have 4 wisdom teeth pulled and 16 fillings.....all because I haven't been to the dentist in 6 years and I suck at flossing. I guess I'll have to get better at flossing (I guess brushing everyday doesn't take care of it all) and limiting soda and candy. I forget who it was that posted about no longer drinking soda. I've been drinking just water for the past two days. Just a warning to all of my beloved friends here-- go to the dentist!!!!:D

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2009

My dentist's office staff mentioned my absence the last time I brought the kids in; it's been about a year for me.

I said that as soon as I was through with all the other doctors, they would get the first phone call.

4. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2009

Alice, I know that while my mom was going through cancer treatments (and is, now again), her dentist wouldn't touch her. He said that even cleaning sometimes opens small wounds in the mouth (I bleed each time) and that the mouth has so much bacteria....they just can't take the risk of introducing something into the bloodstream and complicating her treatment. So, don't feel bad about missing cleanings....they may not have even treated you!
    Kim

5. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2009

ugggg. I also haven't been in 6 years. I think I have a clinical phobia. I am shaking just typing this and thinking about it now. I know there are some great places now that offer massage and relaxing music and GAS but I just can't get up the courage to call...

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 15, 2009

Time for a cleaning for me. I've only had 1 cavity in my whole life.

7. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Jul 15, 2009

I haven't been to the dentist in about five years and I'm really need to go. Lately, my gums have been bleeding when I brush. Luckily, I had my wisdom teeth out when I was a teenager. Sorry for your troubles but thanks for the warning!

8. curlyone

curlyone Rookie

Jul 15, 2009

I actually don't mind going to the dentist and go every 6 months like clockwork. I love the clean feeling afterwards!

9. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jul 16, 2009

Because I fear the dentist, I faithly go every six months. I know that if I wait, it might be worse.

10. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jul 16, 2009

Hate the dentist. I have anxiety about it. I am with you silverspoon. I need to find one of those massage places.

11. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 16, 2009

I had my wisdom teeth pulled last summer, and they found a cavity. I was devastated-it was my first. My dd however, has ROTTEN teeth, and it is incredibly frustrating. We brush, floss, and rinse CONSTANTLY, to no avail. Argh.

12. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2009

I'm terrified of the dentist. I know I need to go... just don't have any money, no insurance, and tons of fear.