A few photos of my classroom.....

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by Pattypoo, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Sep 10, 2008

[​IMG]

This is just one shelf in my cultural area. We are studying about Sea animals. The boxes are pictures/animals from Lakeshore. They were on clearance for $2.00 a piece.

[​IMG]

This is my bullentin board. This year, I sent my welcome letters to the kids and included a cut out of a sea animal. I asked them to decorate it and bring it on their first day of school.

[​IMG]

This is a photo looking toward my language area. Our Montessori school is in a traditional school. We are building a new facility and will finally get our "custom" classrooms next year!

[​IMG]

This is another photo of the cultural area. Ignore the clock in the back of the shelf. I bought a new clock and never got rid of the old one. This year, I finally made new continent boxes. They look so pretty. I couldn't not find an orange or yellow box for North America and Asia, so I painted them!

[​IMG]

This is my bench for the quiet corner. I need to add a few things to make it feel more cozy. I may just go back to my rocking chair and use this somewhere else in the school.

[​IMG]

One of the favorite new works in the PL area is feeding the big mouth fish!

3. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Sep 11, 2008

How nice Patty! I too have pictures to post but I keep leaving my camera at school.

I love your continent boxes! Painting them was a great idea. Where did you get the boxes?

And have I told you I'm very very jealous that you have a Lakeshore near you? :)

4. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Sep 12, 2008

The continent boxes are craft/photo boxes that I bought from Michaels. I finally was able to get rid of the baskets which would get all dusty and ugly. I love those science boxes from lakeshore. I bought all the sets. Insects, amphibians/reptiles, and ocean animals. Each box has different types of animals. For the sea life I have a box of types of starfish, sharks, whales, dolphins. There is a card for each animal and a matching animal. They are pretty neat.

5. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Sep 12, 2008

I'll have to see if they have them in their catalogue. Thanks!