99% done

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissFroggy, Aug 8, 2008.

1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 8, 2008

Whew. I worked ALL DAY today and got most of my room done!

The walls are still bare except for the calendar and job chart and things. I think I will just wait until the kids have some things to put up and do them then. I also have to do the word wall still. New chairs and tables will be brought in for me after the carpets are cleaned. I am also going to get a BEAUTIFUL set of wooden blocks!

I am SO happy! I was tempted to take pictures but thought I would hold off until I got everything set up. It doesn't quite look like a first grade classroom yet, because my tables and chairs are third and fourth grade size! When I get my little tables and chairs it will really look official.

3. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Aug 8, 2008

That's great! I can't wait until I can set up my room!

4. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Aug 8, 2008

Good for you Miss Froggy! I am so frustrated because I have sooo much junk to deal with...it is just a matter of organization and throwing stuff out. We are getting new desks but ...they are being delivered the first day of school. We have already moved the old desks into storage so I think we may have "floor day" the first day of school!

5. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Aug 8, 2008

I am 0% done. We can't get into our rooms until next Wednesday. I don't put much up on the boards besides my calendar stuff until the kids come in. The paper and border will be up but I always hang student work up. More interesting than pre-made stuff anyone can buy at the teacher store.

6. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Aug 9, 2008

I'm 0% done. I had things up and arranged, but then they decided to paint my room and took everything down and moved everything around! ARGH!! My room really didn't need to be painted!!! I can't get into my room until at least Wednesday and have less than a week to get it ready to go! ARGH!!

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 9, 2008

I am happy for you, Miss Froggy. I am -50% done. Yep, negative. All my furniture was moved over yesterday and dumped in my new room. They won't be bringing over all the other stuff for a while, so I'll be schlepping BB materials and files all over the world. I am not a happy camper.

8. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 9, 2008

Yuck. I am so sorry. Sounds cruddy. Did you figure out what you want to do with the furniture?

9. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 9, 2008

I am sad for my dearest friend Upsadaisy and also the second grade teachers at our school who cannot get in their new portables at all because their furniture is apparently on back order. They're miserable and I feel bad for them because Open House is Thursday afternoon.

I am 99% done, also. Except I need to re-do my Florida box (museum), which is on a refrigerator box. I have no idea exactly what I want to put on there yet for the sides I am taking off from fade, wear, and tear. I'll try to have that ready by Thursday... most likely.

10. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Aug 9, 2008

I am in the same boat ("classroom"??) as you! After working so hard the last few days of school to get my room set up for Sept., I found out this week I will be transferred to another classroom!! Oh well...