6-Packs of Books

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Holpea, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Holpea

Holpea Rookie

Jul 16, 2008

Does anyone know where I can order 6-packs of books for Guided reading? I know sometimes they are available in the monthly book orders, but I want to be able to order a whole bunch at once, and choose my titles from a large selection. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

3. 3littlemonkeys

3littlemonkeys Comrade

Jul 17, 2008

Scholastic's website has a bunch of sets to choose from; you just have to search a bit (searching for "guided reading sets" got me some product results in the teacher store). It's more than they make available in their book orders, but you have to actually buy them (not use points). And there's always ebay.

4. MsMaggs

MsMaggs Comrade

Jul 17, 2008

http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse/
    Here's a link to Scholastic's warehouse sale. They are having them this summer and always have great deals! I don't remember seeing too many 6-pack sets, but they have lots of copies of most titles, so you could easily pick up 6 of a title for a much lower cost than normal! It's worth checking out if you can!

5. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 17, 2008

If you want real little guided reading type books, we order from Wright Group. They come in six-packs.

6. SaraFirst

SaraFirst Cohort

Jul 17, 2008

I'm trying to remember where all we order from. Rigby is one (is that the same as Wright Group?). I can't think of the others right now. They always send a bunch of catalogs to our reading teacher and she shares them with us. You could probably go online and have them send you a catalog.

7. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 17, 2008

I have ordered chapter books from Scholastic, and then the Scott Foresman science series/Houghton Mifflin social studies series supplied a lot of guided readers for me as well as the reading series (MacMillian Treasures).

Also for more chapter books, I have perused Goodwill and have acquired numerous copies of some very good books.

8. NYSTeacher

NYSTeacher Companion

Jul 17, 2008

Schoastic is great. Everytime they have their $0.99 books for the book orders (Lucky, Arrow, etc.) I get a 6 pack.