5019 Praxis study recommendations

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by SimonBelmont, Feb 28, 2016.

1. SimonBelmont

SimonBelmont Guest

Feb 28, 2016

Hello,
    After spending over a decade in warehouse management I decided go into teaching about a year ago. I have been working as a sub since the spring but I am 0-3 on the praxis. The study guide from ETS didn't really prepare me to take the test(IMO). I have only seen one or two other study guide books online but they both have lukewarm reviews. Any recommended study books or methods would be greatly appreciated.

3. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Feb 28, 2016

Do you hold a teaching certificate? Have you studied education in college? If you haven't gone through an education program, you will find it very difficult to pass that particular Praxis, no matter what study resources you use.

4. K-5_teacherguy

K-5_teacherguy Companion

Feb 29, 2016

I agree. There is no way I would have passed without the educator training I received in college.

5. NOLATeach

NOLATeach Rookie

Feb 29, 2016

The previous posters stated they couldn't have passed the PRAXIS without the educator training they received in college. I respectfully disagree. I have been out of college for 20 years and I recently passed the exam on the first try. I used a study guide and Khan Academy to help me brush up on the things I struggled with. It wasn't easy but it can be done.