5-4-3-2-1-GO!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Bumble, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Apr 16, 2010

Now say ONE positive about this week. I'm tired of reading about all of the negatives!

I'll go first!

Ms. X, I think my plant is sad because it hasn't sprouted yet!

LOL!!!

My students are really liking our science unit. They are super motivated by science! :)

3. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Apr 16, 2010

I am on spring break! :)

I do miss my kiddies!

4. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2010

My kids are rockin' the state test. Focused, using test strategies, looking back, checking answers....and pleased with their knowledge of what is being asked.

5. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Apr 16, 2010

At the end of the day:

"Mr. Fleming, can I have a blank piece of paper to take with me to the daycare?"

"Why?"

"They're out of paper, and then I could take it to the daycare and photocopy it."

I took her to the school photocopier and showed her that the copier doesn't make paper.

I also had a great day today. While my wonderful TA was out, I had a really awesome substitute TA in my class, and the day went super-smooth!

I'm actually really excited for next week!

6. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2010

We started our recycling unit and the kids are ALL into it...How often does that happen??? It has been great.

7. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Apr 16, 2010

We had a great first week back from Spring Break! The Celebrate Ohio Day that I brought to our school was Super Fun! I wrote with a quill pen and got to sing silly songs.

8. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Apr 16, 2010

Starting my local history unit next week. Spring break has been fun watching videos about the history, reading up, ... I love history!

9. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Apr 16, 2010

One of our spelling words this week was "hairy."

The kids turned in their spelling sentences yesterday and one student wrote: I was rushing to get ready for school this morning and my mom told me, "You'd better hairy up or you're going to be late!!!"

As I was checking in homework, I started laughing so hard that tears were coming down my face.

I love the sincerity and innocence of 2nd graders!!!

10. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Apr 16, 2010

The sun was shinning today.

A kidnergartner stopped me in the hall to tell me something...."I'm really fast at...going to the bathroom and stuff."

:p

11. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Apr 17, 2010

We finished the grueling testing this week-and no one cried, complained that the test was too hard, despite the fact my kids testing site changed from day-to-day. I think they did very well.:thumb:

12. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Apr 17, 2010

My kids are writing letters in their writing workstation-I now have a filing cabinet literally covered in pages describing how wonderful I am! :blush: Two of them wrote how they wish I could be their teacher forever-I just can't wait to tell them I will be for at least one more year! They are also writing really nice letters to each other-it's so funny to see what they value in a friend-you are really quiet, or you hardly ever miss school! :)

13. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 17, 2010

My principal told me, "You're doing a fine job under all the pressure." (High praise from her) It was much needed at the end of an extremely stressful week.

14. gottagoodgig

gottagoodgig Companion

Apr 17, 2010

I had to miss two days this week. For the first time this year I used a sub that wasn't my student teacher. I was a bit nervous but I got AMAZING notes back for my subs. My class did a TERRIFIC job. I was told that my class was this sub's best class EVER! I was extremely proud of them! I showered them compliments and appreciation. I even bought them each a little present.

And, by the way, thanks for the post. I must admit that I, too, get a bit bogged down by negativity. It's a stressful time for many, but I think we'd be better off if we did more posts like these! (Maybe I should start some too.....) :)

15. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Apr 17, 2010

My coordinator popped in the other day to watch our lesson. Later she noted how impressed she was with their English (they are all primarily Spanish speakers, so English is their 2nd language) and congratulated me.

16. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Apr 17, 2010

This is awesome! :)

17. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Apr 17, 2010

I think a positive is that we can come to this forum and express our feelings - whether it is to discuss, vent, or ask for help. Not everything we have to say has to be positive.....:whistle:

18. Grover

Grover Cohort

Apr 17, 2010

I'm positive our educational system is in a world of trouble.

:D

19. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Apr 17, 2010

My kids had Trep$ last night in the school gym, it's where they have learned to become little entrepreneurs and it was amazing!

I was so impressed with everything that was there. They had really creative things to sell. They really learned a lot.

My bank account took a nice hit last night, but it was so worth it. This is something that I would have absolutely loved as a student!

http://www.trepsed.com/

20. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Apr 17, 2010

The second time the 6th graders at my school came in 2nd in the district on the benchmark tests!!! Feeling confident for the big one.:D

21. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Apr 17, 2010

A colleague gave me flowers because I've been so sad lately. She isn't a teacher that teaches in my hall way, nor do I see her everyday, but she noticed..... nice