4-8 Generalist Study Book?

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by newtothis2006, Oct 12, 2006.

1. newtothis2006

newtothis2006 Rookie

Oct 12, 2006

I was wondering if anyone who has taken the TExES 4-8 Generalist knows of a study book out there? (I already have the stduy guide on the TExES website) When I took the EC-4 Generalist I studied the Cliff Notes study book and did well, but they do not make one for 4-8 Generalist. I have searched Barnes and Noble website and called and they don't have anything. I have only 1 week to study and thought for sure I could pick a book up at Barnes and Noble. If anyone can be of help, please post it here.

Thank you!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 12, 2006

I'd guess you can use the EC-4 material as a foundation, but you'll need to go into more depth. Are there particular areas in the test specifications that you're nervous about? And have you tried prowling the CSET threads here? (CSET-MS covers K-6; there should be a fair bit of overlap.)

4. TX Teacher

TX Teacher Rookie

Oct 12, 2006

I am taking this test on October 21st and I have been taking the interactive 8th grade released TAKS tests on TEA's website along with using the study guide from the TExES website. I don't know if it will help or not...but it is worth a shot. When I took my EC-12 SPED TExES test I only studied the TExES study guide, but I was a SPED major. I feel like I need a little more practice with some of the math and science in this test! Good luck!

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 12, 2006

See the threads on math and science here in the Multiple Subject Tests subforum: in fact, we've got a lively discussion of math plus some science going on right now.

6. Lana

Lana New Member

Mar 2, 2007

For EC-4, which I am not taking, there is a book "Preparing for
    the Texas PreK-4 Teacher Certification" by Janice L. Nath & John Ramsey. ISBN is 0-321-07676-1. I have heard it is really good.
    Good luck! If anyone knows of such a book for the Generalist 4-8, please post.

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 2, 2007

Could be that you'll do as well or even better by coming up with your own set of resources - books, Web sites, etc. that will be useful in your future classroom. There are lots of possibilities mentioned in posts on the Multiple Subject Tests and Single Subject Tests subforum.

8. July

July New Member

Mar 18, 2007

I just found out that I did not pass the 4-8 generalist test I took on Feb 24, I missed it by 11 points is there any suggestions someone can give me. I did not feel that that the study guide that I studied from the web cite was helpful at all. I am retaking it in April and am looking for better resources to pass it this time. I saw that there is a study guide online fro Mo-Media is it pretty good? Please help

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 18, 2007

Does the score report indicate the areas in which you didn't do so well?

10. wen76

wen76 Rookie

Mar 27, 2008

I studied the website and another book (4-8 xamonline.com) If I remember correctly the book is 36.00 from amazon