3rd Round Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Jax123, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Jax123

Jax123 Rookie

Jul 22, 2016

I got invited to go to a 3rd round interview with Assistant Superintendent (I believe they are in the process of hiring Superintendent) and the Director of HR. It's a short 20 minute interview and they asked me to come in a few minutes earlier. What should I expect at this interview? Any information would be great.

The first two interviews were good with your normal interview questions.
    1st round was w/ a group of principals
    2nd round was w/ a few principals, school psychologist, and some other staff member I couldn't remember.

I know they said there will only be 3 rounds of interviews.
    I'm nervous yet excited.
    Last time I made it through all the rounds (in a different school district) they were deciding between two of us but none went to Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent for an interview...They ended up not hiring either of us and closed the position. It hurt my heart! I hope for a better outcome this time.

3. mckbearcat48

mckbearcat48 Cohort

Jul 22, 2016

Good luck! Go win it!

4. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2016

3 rounds of interviews? Oi! Where is this position? Does it come with a golden throne? They really put you through the wringer, don't they? :rofl:

I would say, keep fighting the good fight. You've made it there, they obviously see something in you, don't disappoint. Connect with the interviewers and show them who you are and what you can bring to the position. When some people interview, they're so reserved, so stiff-- like they fade into the furniture -- I always try to showcase my personality. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. But if you focus on the what you can do for the kids, you should be fine. And, sadly, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Pick up and keep applying else where.
    It's just too bad ALL districts aren't like Arizona: with 30 + openings because then they can hire ALL the people they like and want to join the team. But when it's 1 open position, competition is cut throat. And they really can narrow down their search to that "exact" right candidate (or whom they believe will be that person.)

Good luck & let us know what happens.
    :)

5. Jax123

Jax123 Rookie

Jul 23, 2016

thank...i just don't know what they will ask me...i think it's down to two people.

6. Teachertimes

Teachertimes Rookie

Jul 23, 2016

Good luck! That is so much interviewing.

7. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2016

I don't think we hired our superintendent on that many interviews.

8. mckbearcat48

mckbearcat48 Cohort

Jul 23, 2016

A couple more rounds and you'll have a boxing match. :)