3rd grade Interview....

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teach24iam, Dec 26, 2010.

1. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Dec 26, 2010

I have an interview this week for a 3rd grade teaching position and was just wondering if anyone could tell me a little about your day, what you do, what you teach, etc...I've taught Kindergarten for several years, but ready for a new and exciting challenge! Particularly in Pennsylvania, what do 3rd graders focus on academically? Thanks in advance!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 26, 2010

It's a content rich year...deeper reading, multiplication and division in math, cursive handwriting are fairly common curricular content. You could check your state dept of Ed for specific standards...in most areas, it's a testing year.

4. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Dec 26, 2010

Thanks so much, printing the standards now, was just looking for the "cliff notes" version for tonight, standards are ready for the day of being snowed in tomorrow!

5. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Dec 26, 2010

Many states include local history and government in social studies.

Third graders need to learn more independence in individual work and in responsibility for things such as homework.

6. crunchytxmama

crunchytxmama Companion

Dec 29, 2010

I teach third grade for a small part of my day (religion), and they are definitely expected to be more independent. I've found cooperative learning to be much easier with this group than with the second graders I have the rest of the day.