30th Birthday HELP!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MissWull, Nov 17, 2011.

1. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Nov 17, 2011

My husband's 30th birthday will be here before I know it! It's at the end of January...but with the holidays quickly approaching I know time will fly by. Not to mention my baby shower planning is in the works and will be in January as well.

My due date is 1 month from my husband's birthday, so needless to say I'll be pretty pregnant!!

Any ideas on things I can do for him? The weather will be cold, money will be tight...but it's his 30th, we have to do something cool!

He likes golf, most sports (playing & watching), video games. Last year we had a bunch of people over and it was fun...and I would totally do that again, but...like I said it's a big one, so is that enough?

Suggestions please! :help:

3. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2011

Big one? try 60 :eek::lol: Tickets?
    Is there a sporting event he could attend before the baby arrives? (with a new baby he won't get much time to go to one):dizzy:
    If it could be the night of the shower it would get him out of the house. :whistle:

4. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Nov 19, 2011

Hehe, well you gotta start celebrating 'the big one' at some point! ;)

I would love to send him to a game...but he's going to see his fav team in December. So that's already out.

Thanks though Dave, I guess no one else has many ideas!

5. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Nov 19, 2011

Ideas:
    80s theme party (play music from the 80s, candy from the 80s, dress up from the 80s)

Celebrate accomplishments theme: put together a scrapbook, video, something that highlights all the wonderful things he has already accomplished

Plan a really nice date for sometime after the little one arrives.

Gift certificate for individual golf lessons, or pay for his entry into a local golf tournament, or even plan a guys day and pay for him and his buddies to go golf at a course he wouldn't usually play. (My dad is a huge golfer and actually runs a tour in the SoCal area.)

6. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Nov 19, 2011

Sorry, I'm just not a big birthday person. The gathering similar to last year seemed more than enough to me, but since you worried it wouldn't be I figured I couldn't help much. :)

7. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Nov 19, 2011

Take him to a nice dinner and a movie. You won't want to do that for a while after the baby comes. Alone time is a nice present anytime.

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 19, 2011

I agree with teacherintexas. Plan a night for just the two of you. Maybe a movie and dinner. Or trivia night at a bar. Or a nice tour of the Alamo.

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 20, 2011

Peter didn't want a party for his 50th, so instead I planned a small getaway.

Of course, it wasn't an intimate weekend for two; it was a long weekend for 5 in Mystic Seaport. But we all had a fabulous time, and he enjoyed the time with the kids.

Find a nice location an hour or two away and plan a nice weekend together before the baby arrives.

10. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Nov 20, 2011

A getaway is exactly the idea I would go for!

11. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Nov 20, 2011

Hmmm my male mind is thinking ........ it was intimate time that, "got you this way?"
    :lol: do you want to be PGed another 9 months! :spitwater:

(now don't try to explain biology to me it was just a joke)