30 Day Shred

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by dgpiaffeteach, Jul 1, 2014.

1. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jul 1, 2014

I know we've talked about 30DS before, but is anyone doing it right now? The exercise thread motivated me to start it again. I just finished day 3. Boy am I feeling it!

Some of us at school are doing a weight loss competition over the summer. I'm hoping this will help!

You can do level 1 here. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

3. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 1, 2014

I was actually planning on starting yesterday, but I can't find my weights. I think I'm going to buy some new ones and start today.

4. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Jul 1, 2014

I have started!!! I acutally just ordered two more of her dvds so I can switch things up.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 1, 2014

Yeah, I can't get past level 1. Even with level 1 I have a hard time with those stupid jumping jacks.

6. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jul 1, 2014

TeacherNY, I modify some of the cardio. I may do 10 jumping jacks and then five grapevines. The one I can't do is jump rope. It makes my calves burn! I'll do like ten seconds of her kind and then ten seconds of alternating foot kind.

Maybe we can use this thread to check in and keep each other motivated!

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 1, 2014

Need to dust this one off and try it again--sometime, I'll get through Level 2!

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 1, 2014

Yes, but she seems like she's looking right at me and knows what i'm doing so I hate to cheat! She said, "if you are looking for a modified version, look ELSEWHERE". It's like she read my mind :lol: I have marked in place a few times when I couldn't do anymore but I still felt guilty.

9. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

Jul 1, 2014

I love 30 day shred it really works!

I was planning on starting up again this week to prepare for the new school year.

10. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jul 2, 2014

I was planning on saving day four for tomorrow since Wednesday is zumba. However, BF stopped by for awhile so I did a quick Biggest Loser walking video instead. Better than nothing!

11. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 2, 2014

I need something whole body to keep up with my running. I'll give that video a try and might ask to borrow your DVDs...

12. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 3, 2014

Looks scary! I´ve been doing Leslie Sansone´s walking videos (well, the youtube ones)....

13. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jul 7, 2014

I'd be happy to share, Cat!

Tami, they're not too bad since they're so short!

I just did day 5. I'm getting a bit more stamina. Still sweating profusely though!

14. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 7, 2014

Yeah, those i can handle LOL Although some of her mannerisms annoy me after watching them over and over so I have to switch off between 3 or 4 different DVDs or I'd go nuts. I like using hand weights with them.

15. Liljag

Liljag Companion

Jul 15, 2014

I really reccomend 30DS. This combined with power walking and a good diet helped me to loose a lot of weight last year (66 pounds). I never really excercised before doing 30DS so I think it is a good way to start. Before I started I had problems standing for long periods of time on my left leg but because so much emphasis is placed on balance during the program, I noticed that over time, my balance improved dramatically and now I have no problems balancing with weights.

I reccomend that you stay with the timeline for the program as best as you can. You really do not see improvement until you advance in the workout. I could not jump for long periods of time in the begining but started forcing myself to do it as long as possible until now it is easy for me to follow along without switching back and forth. The same goes for the pushups and "surrenders" she has in her "No more muffin tops cd".

I also reccomend that you try to do the cd occasionally with someone else in the room. Until my husband helped push me once through the program, I honestly thought I was doing all the movements correctly. Boy, was I wrong. Nothing wrong with honest critique during excercise, even if it is embarrasing sometimes. Plus it helps you to push yourself past what you thought were your limits.

Drinking green tea before you excercise is also a nice helper. Before I was always so tired when I came home. Drinking the tea helps to raise my energy plus it helps with metabolism and gives you the extra push to do the entire program.

Right now I am doing her 40 minute cds and have raised my weights from 2 kilos to 3. I am a lot stronger now and much more fit. Sorry if my note went on a bit but I think that Jillian Micheals is a big inspiration to people just trying to loose weight and have a more positive outlook on life. I credit her cds with really helping me to get my weight down.

PS When you are done with the 30DS, I reccomend her "Ripped in 30". I am working on that one at the moment. There is no move repeated over 4 different workouts so it helps with the repetitiveness. It is also a lot harder in comparison but it is always nice to get to the end and she leaves you with some nice inspirational words to finish your workout with.