2nd round interview and call back

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Daydream925, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Daydream925

Daydream925 New Member

Nov 10, 2021

I just went through the 2nd interview process two days ago for a teaching position in a great school district. The HR director called me and left a voicemail around 5pm saying to call her back. I left a voicemail and have not heard back yet… tomorrow is a holiday so I’m not anticipating to hear back now til Friday. Any job where I have been rejected I have never been graced with a rejection phone call, and if I was they just said it in the voicemail . The anticipation is overwhelming! I know it could really go anyway but would HR bother to tell me I’ve been rejected? Or would they have just come out with that in the voicemail? This is the most thorough interview process I have ever been through in a school so I’m really not sure what to expect.

3. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Connoisseur

Nov 10, 2021

That is nerve wracking waiting for a call! Try to keep physically busy ( cleaning or something....haha) to get through it. It depends on the district whether they call back or not. I have gotten a couple of principals call me a long time ago and both actually told me why I did not get the job. Then a few times I've been offered a job over the phone. Then I remember never getting a call. ( Rude) I remember the waiting part was tough! Good luck! :)