2nd Interview...HELP

Discussion in 'Sixth Grade' started by Jess90102, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Jess90102

Jess90102 Rookie

Jul 20, 2008

Hello!

I am going on a second interview for a 6th grade position on Tuesday...I am looking for any questions that they might ask that are specific to 6th. I have student taught in 5th...any help is appreciated!! Thanks :)

3. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Jul 21, 2008

Self contained? or will you be responsible for teaching one subject? Obviously they liked what the heard at the last interview. There was a thread on the job seekers about a teacher who was changing from elementary to middle and there were some great responses there. If you have one subject you may have 100 students so organization and teamwork are important. Keep in mind, at this level in the interview process, you just want to be yourself. They are looking for the personality that will fit with the rest of the team.

4. Jess90102

Jess90102 Rookie

Jul 21, 2008

Thanks for the advice...this is the first time the 6th grade is in the middle school, so they are flexible...I think it would be a decision between myself and the other teacher in the team whether it is self-contained or we divide up the subjects...I asked this on the first interview and they said it would be flexible for the first year or so of the transition...

5. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Jul 21, 2008

How exciting! It sounds like you should emphasize your ability to work within a team, to change schedules as needed, and be able to express why you want to work in the setting. Why that age? Can you add anything to the environment of the school (coaching, clubs)? But really, just be yourself. good luck!