2nd Half

Discussion in 'General Education' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Dec 30, 2019.

1. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Dec 30, 2019

Hi, team!

What’s your goal for the second semester of the school year? Mine is to smile more. A couple of people have come into my office and have told me that I’m frowning. I don’t like that. My job is to help people be successful, so if I’m not smiling and welcoming when they ask if I have a moment to chat, I’m not creating an inviting environment.

Anyway, that’s my goal. What’s yours?

Respectfully,
    YTG

3. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Cohort

Dec 31, 2019

To finish out my final year w/ grace! It has been 1 of my best years in a long time! ;)

MrTempest, a2z, RainStorm and 5 others like this.
  4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 31, 2019

Survive.

It is a tough group this year. They’ve grown on me, but they are a handful. Last year was a breeze. That makes this year seem rougher, too.

a2z, Tired Teacher, nstructor and 5 others like this.
  5. CherryOak

CherryOak Companion

Dec 31, 2019

I want to try a mastery based unit.

6. whizkid

whizkid Habitué

Dec 31, 2019

Negotiate a promotion and new salary. I must say, this has been the best year of my career so far. I didn't feel this way back in July.

7. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Dec 31, 2019

I’m on a medical leave right now. I want to get healthy and get back to my school routine!!

8. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Dec 31, 2019

Hang out more with my dear friends in person. Some of them told me they hardly see me anymore because I’m always working and that made me sad to hear...

RainStorm and Tired Teacher like this.
  9. Aces

Aces Habitué

Dec 31, 2019

I gotta get better organized which is unlike me. This semester has been hell and I’ve felt like I’ve constantly been behind.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  10. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Groupie

Jan 1, 2020

It’s my tenure year. During my first chance, I worried about it all the time! Now, I’m just treating this as the spring semester of my 3rd year. I’m also waiting for my updated teaching certificate with computer science endorsement. The P has talked about my schedule for next year and the students who will be taking computer science. Overall, to keep improving on my teaching and getting better at time management.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    a2z and Tired Teacher like this.
  11. a2z

a2z Maven

Jan 1, 2020

I am happy to hear you say that. I am often concerned that your financial goal will leave you with boat loads of money but no remaining friends. Balance is good. When your goals eliminate positive things in your life, it isn't always a smart goal. Sometimes lowering the bar to have balance ends up being the best thing in life.

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jan 2, 2020

I want to do that also. I always think of fun things to do and if my husband doesn't want go do them with me I think, "oh well, I guess I'm not going to go do that" but I keep forgetting that I can reach out to friends. Obviously, if they are my friends, they enjoy the same things I do. On the spur of the moment last month I messaged a friend because I saw a flyer at Starbucks advertising an event. I sent her a picture of the flyer and we made plans that day to go! I need to do this more often.

13. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Jan 2, 2020

See if I can't improve on my classroom management and routines. I like to think I've come worlds in that department, but I'm also just not "there" yet.

Tired Teacher likes this.