2015-2016 Classroom Photos

Discussion in 'Classroom Photos' started by EiffelTower, Jul 23, 2015.

1. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 23, 2015

[​IMG]
    Evidence Based Terms Posters

[​IMG]
    Behavior Clip Chart with classroom expectations posted above. Students will have a clothespin that move up/down the chart. All students will start at Ready to Learn each day and move accordingly.

[​IMG]
    Back of the room where I keep supplies and materials. The wooden organizer on the right is where I keep copies and paper that need to be handed out to students.

[​IMG]
    Dog Tags are what TeachersPayTeachers calls brag tags. I changed the name to fit with my dog theme. This will be my second year using this and I think my class last year really enjoyed them. They earn badges for all sorts of behaviors (character traits, test scores, being helpful, grades, etc.) that they keep on their necklace and can wear during the school day. Surprisingly, a lot of them wanted to wear the necklace and show them off. There were a couple students that had to be reminded to not play with them, but for the most part, they weren't ever an issue to wear.

[​IMG]
    As students collect positives on Class Dojo, they will be able to move up the board. The bottom section will house all of their little dogs that they'll be able to move up as they collect positives each month. At the end of the month, they will earn a dog tag badge to add to their collection. Students will start over each month and move their way up.

[​IMG]
    These are the pieces students will move on the Class Dojo board, as well as the Daily 3 Math and Daily 5 board. They will also glue one to a clothespin to move on the behavior clip chart and writing process clip chart.

[​IMG]
    This is my desk.

[​IMG]
    Writing Process Clip Chart. Students will move their clothespin as they work through the writing process on any given assignment to ensure they follow each step.

[​IMG]
    This is where I house all materials for Daily 3 Math and Daily 5. The crates hold worksheets that students can use and the tubs hold game pieces. Then there are writing resources posted on the wall for students to reference.

[​IMG]
    Classroom library

[​IMG]
    One of my small group areas. The bookcases hold materials that I will need to use with groups.

[​IMG]
    Daily 5 board. Students will move their dog pieces to whatever Daily 5 activity they have selected. They also have a Daily 5 punch card that allows them to only choose an activity a certain number of times. I do this because I know there are students who would only want to Read to Self and they can only choose that twice before other activities have to be done. And they cannot do the same activity two times in a row. I do put two "free choice" squares on their card so they can repeat an activity they might have already filled up.

[​IMG]
    View from the back of the room. I sectioned off my whiteboard to post anchor charts or specific information based on what we might be learning. ELA will house reading/writing information. We switch off from science and social studies, so that's why the two subjects are sharing a section.

[​IMG]
    More storage and pictures of my puppies to go along with the theme.

[​IMG]
    My other small group section is where the horseshoe table is. There are dog bowls on each of the tables that will hold supplies for the group to use.

[​IMG]
    Another view of the classroom.

[​IMG]
    Another view.

[​IMG]
    One more view.

[​IMG]
    The cubbies hold all student textbooks. I have more than 30 students, so there are some students will have to share a cubby with a classmates. My birthday chart is to the right of the cubbies. Students will decorate a dog cupcake and then it'll get posted underneath the dog bone for that month.

[​IMG]
    My Daily 3 Math board. On the strips of ribbon, I will post labels that tell students what activities they can do for Math by Myself, Math with Someone, or Math with Technology. They will also use one of their dog pieces to place in the section they've chosen to participate in for Daily 3 Math.

3. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Jul 23, 2015

So cute & organized! Where did you find all those dog related things? Did you make them?

I want to do a penguin theme but you don't find a lot of normal penguins outside of winter/holiday time!

4. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 23, 2015

Someone on TeachersPayTeachers did a Hot Diggity Dog theme so I was able to get new labels for my classroom library bins/Daily 3 and 5 board and a variety of templates. I made my own stuff last year using clip art I'd purchased on TPT, but they weren't nearly as cute as this stuff was. Maybe you could find some penguin clip art and do the same?

5. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2015

You room is warm and inviting. I love how your theme is carried thru so well. Never thought of a dog theme, but I am not an animal person. :) :)

6. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 24, 2015

Thanks! We're always told that only 50% of our walls can be covered, nothing a certain number of inches from the ceiling and nothing hanging from the ceiling, so I try my best to make it as inviting as possible based on our restrictions. I would've never thought of a dog theme, but last summer I found the behavior clip chart and sorta went from there. The stuff I found on Teachers Pay Teachers this summer really pulled the whole theme together. Thank goodness there are creative people when it comes to clip art and such!

7. Ted

Ted Habitué

Jul 24, 2015

Your room is amazing! :)

Where might I find more information about what Daily 3 or Daily 5 are?

As a fourth grade teacher, I'm intrigued to try something new. :)

8. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 24, 2015

There is a book called The Daily 5 that you can read. The authors also have a book about CAFE, which can be used alongside The Daily 5. There is also a The Daily 5 for Dummies book that will break the concept down by lesson and script what you say. The authors also have a website, but you can only access content if you pay. I believe they have information there about math, but I pretty much just made it up as I went and used The Daily 5 as a guide.

9. Ted

Ted Habitué

Jul 24, 2015

Great! Thank you! :)

And regarding your first photo, did you just search for Evidence-based terms on TPT?

10. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 24, 2015

I'm pretty sure I found the evidence based term posters under "dog" but if you want non themed dog ones, I would just search "evidence based terms" and see what comes up.

11. Ted

Ted Habitué

Jul 24, 2015

Yep, I found some. :) Thanks again for your help!

12. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 24, 2015

You're welcome! Happy creating and decorating! :)