20 teenage boys + Christmas activity = ?

Discussion in 'Secondary Education Archives' started by Miss Kirby, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Dec 9, 2006

I'm volunteering to throw a Christmas party for boys in a group home. There are two group homes we are working with, so 20 boys in all. We are going to throw a bowling party, and then go into a private room for an activity, food, and presents. Last year I did an ornament craft.. we talked about the birth of Jesus.. wrote down one thing we can each do to bring peace into the world.. put it inside the clear plastic ornament and decorated it. Most of the boys got into it. But now since we will have all 20 boys together at one time, and inside a bowling alley, I have no idea what to do. Any ideas?

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 9, 2006

It will be a time to relax. I'd just let them bowl and play the arcade games.

4. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Dec 9, 2006

The organization we are doing this with really wants us to do something about the real story of Christmas.

My mom says we should have a cake and just sing happy birthday to Jesus, and talk about how we are celebrating the birth of Jesus.... done.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 9, 2006

How about if you make a bunch of cupcakes for them to decorate as individual "birthday cakes"?? You could supply cans of frosting and a variety of toppings and let them have a ball.

6. Raising3boys

Raising3boys Companion

Dec 10, 2006

Alice-I love your idea!

The individual cupcakes will give the boys maybe an opportunity to do something that they have never participated in before.

7. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Dec 10, 2006

Last year we were able to do ice cream sundaes and they LOVED IT. So I'm sure they will love the cupcakes too. Thanks!

8. lajoers3

lajoers3 Comrade

Dec 11, 2006

I don't think teenage boys are going to go for cupcakes. Not any teenage boy I know of anyway. The icecream sundaes would probably be much cooler. I'm sure there are other ideas but i'll have to think on it.