20 Anniversary

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by flyingmickey, Jun 11, 2011.

1. flyingmickey

flyingmickey Rookie

Jun 11, 2011

My DH and I are celebrating our twenth anniversary this June. We are thinking of taking a trip but are having trouble picking.

We live in Vancouver, Canada and we have done a lot of travelling around the area. We have been to Vegas twice (love it) but that's about it.

I'm looking for a few ideas. DH isn't a lay on the beach kind of guy but he is thinking Mexico. I'm not so sure....don't really want to spend my holiday in a bathing suit.....not enough time to look lovely.

Help?

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jun 11, 2011

A cruise? I love a cruise. Food, sightseeing, the same bed every night, and did I mention the great food.

4. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jun 11, 2011

Cruises are great for the variety without having to worry about where you're going because you just get off and explore!
    If you didn't want to go far, you could always find a fun place to stay on the San Juan Islands here in WA. Ask me if you want any WA State advice on places to visit if you tell me what you like to do...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations!
    (We will be celebrating our 4th in a few weeks =)

5. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2011

IMO travel to Mexico is really scary right now. You would need to be very careful where you go and I would still be nervous.

6. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jun 12, 2011

What about a cruise to Alaska? You would be very close!

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 12, 2011

How about Hawaii?

Or the Maritime provinces-- my mom is dying to get to Nova Scotia, and I have fond memories of a vacation in Newfoundland as a child.

Ottawa? Another place I would love to visit someday.

Bermuda? It's tropical (but not brutally hot) there's no visible poverty, there's lots of shopping and fine hotels and restaurants, and no language barrier. I thnk it's an incredibly romantic location. (And you can always cruise there from a number of US cities.)

London? One of my all time favorite cities.

And, because you all know I'm thinking it, how about Disney World in Florida? You could spend your actual anniversay dinner at a signature restaurant, watching the fireworks explode over a castle as you share a glass of champagne-- it doesn't have to be all Mickey Mouse and rides. And Epcot is amazing!

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 12, 2011

I second a cruise. We're thinking of taking a family cruise to Alaska in the next couple of years.

I would shy away from Mexico right now. My husband currently works on the border and he says it can get bad there.

9. flyingmickey

flyingmickey Rookie

Jun 13, 2011

Thanks for the replies. We are still thinking.....It may be a long process.

10. Ranchwife

Ranchwife Companion

Jun 13, 2011

I also recommend a cruise. There are some really good cruise deals if you can watch online for them (7 days for $500-$600 for a Caribbean cruise). They are so romantic, personal, stress free, fun, with great food, good entertainment, and fun ports with lots of stuff to do. We did a Hawaiian cruise last year for our 10th anniversary and never once did we set on the beach - we did everything else. We put on our bathing suits once to go snorkeling (which was so worth it). Other nice things about a cruise is that you don't have to drive anywhere, you stay in one room, can unpack, don't have to worry about where to go to eat, or what do do for after dinner entertainment. If we were rich, I would go on a cruise every year. For me, they are the ideal, stress-free, totally romantic vacation.