2 fabulous cleaning products

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jem, May 29, 2009.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 29, 2009

I've had lemon bars on the brain lately. I think about them all the time. I even dreamed about making them, step by step, before I woke up yesterday morning. So I made them. And of course, the lemon goo spilled over the pan and got alllll over the bottom of my oven.

I thought I would die. That lemon goo is the grossiest, stickiest, worst thing to clean up ever. Even my dishwasher has a difficult time with it. But dh suggested using the Miracle Foam spray, and so I did. And it just WIPED OFF! I almost cried, I was so happy. I highly suggest everyone get a bottle of this stuff. I'm using it on everything now. It's in a pink bottle, and it's the same brand as that infomercial miracle powder you put in the washing machine to take the stains out of clothes.

My other fabulous cleaning product is a great laundry detergent I found at our local snob grocery store. It's a concentrate, and has 64 washes in one tiny bottle. I love this, as I struggle with the huge containers of detergent. And it smells like... geraniums. I love it. I try to do a load a day now just so our place can smell like geraniums. If only my bunny's poo would smell like geraniums....

Anyone else have any cleaning products to rave about?

3. tb71

tb71 Cohort

May 29, 2009

What's the name of the laundry detergent???

4. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 29, 2009

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day. Looks like you can purchase online! Whoo-hoo! I'm going to have to see what else they have...

I got their dryer pads and room spray, as well. Both in geranium. It's a good thing my dh likes geranium. He doesn't like any other scent I bring in the house, so this is a miracle.

WHOA!! They have dishwasher packets! My dishes can TASTE like geranium!! And they have a wall fragrance! That would be WAY better than a room spray. Don't get the counter cleaner, though. It's not a disinfectant-it just makes your counters smell nice. Lame.

5. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 29, 2009

No cleaning products to rave about, but just wanted to say that I made lemon bars this week too!

6. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

May 29, 2009

two words. . . magic eraser

7. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 29, 2009

Dh loves the magic eraser, too! He wanted a bulk box for Christmas, but I knew he'd never use them.

8. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

May 29, 2009

I think I've seen Mrs. Meyers Clean Day products at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

I buy most of my cleaning products at the janitorial supply, but I love Howard Naturals Wood Cleaner & Polish. It is made with sandalwood & tangerine fragrances. The room smells so good after I clean. I bought my first bottle on the closeout table somewhere. Since then, I order on line.

9. Becky123abc

Becky123abc Rookie

May 29, 2009

I would like to know about a wonderful carpet spot remover...we always have spots.

10. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

May 29, 2009

Me tooooooo, I hate carpet. <Sigh>

11. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 29, 2009

I liked Mrs. Meyers Basil cleaning wipes. They leave a nice scent but it can be kind of strong at first.

12. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

May 29, 2009

I like the 409 Carpet foamy stuff. I think it works pretty well :)

13. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

May 29, 2009

Has anybody tried the rug stick???

14. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

May 29, 2009

Carpets- I like Folex for spots. I read HotShot was good for animal stains/smells. I also use that.

15. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

May 29, 2009

:confused: Hot Shot...like in bug spray?

16. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

May 29, 2009

My best and very favorite cleaning product is Baking Soda. I purchased 3 of those shaker glass ware (for parmesan cheese) at the local dollar store and filled with baking soda. I keep one in each bathroom and one in the kitchen.
    I always sprinkle some on my sponge and use it on my dishes and pots & pans. It's wonderful.

The ones in the bathroom I use with a little sprinkle on my toothpaste...and for cleaning out the sink.
    Love it! It's the best most inexpensive and safe cleaner around! :)