1st Year Wedding Anniversary

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MissWull, May 11, 2009.

1. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 11, 2009

Our anniversary is this Saturday. We both agreed to not spend too much on each other, as we are saving a down payment for a house. But still, it's our first anniversary...I need to get him something, yet I have no ideas!! I'm pretty sure "paper" is the traditional route, but I am not a traditional person...so if I happen to get him something to satisfy that, then fine, but if I don't...that's fine too.

I need suggestions! Guys have it relatively easy, they can always fall back on jewelry!

:help:

3. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 11, 2009

Why not agree to no presents and instead do something together. Go to a restaurant you haven't tried, cook a new recipe, go to a movie, etc.

4. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 11, 2009

Do you have a dollar range?

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 11, 2009

Congrats!

6. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

May 11, 2009

How 'bout a picnic at a lake? Then you can go paddleboating, or fishing, or just sit and read.

7. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

May 11, 2009

(ok, so I posted the thing about reading by the lake, and realized that if you know the mattress thread, that could be taken in a TOTALLY different direction...)

:rofl: :toofunny: :rofl:

8. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 11, 2009

I guess I should have added this. We took Friday off and we're going to Disneyland (we have passes so it's free). Then on Saturday we have reservations at this Hawaiian restaurant (we got married in Kauai, and really liked this restaurant when we were there)...and figure we'll spend the day at and around the beach.

But as for gifts, I'm clueless. Our price range is $50ish. I always go over, so that's why I say "ish", hehe.

9. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

May 11, 2009

1) One thing you might do is go have pictures made, that is "paperish" and a lot of couples don't have pictures made after the wedding for a long time.
    2) If you haven't done something special with your wedding photos, have one framed nicely with a quote, poem, or your vows printed beside it (if you scrapbook you can do a scrapbook page and put it in a scrapbook frame).
    3) Find a really nice container and write or type nice notes to your husband - quotes that remind you of him, silly inside jokes, reasons you fell in love, favorite memories, etc... You can deicide if he gets to open 1/day for a certain time frame - a month/year etc... or just open one whenever he feels down.

10. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 11, 2009

Thanks Tasha, I like your ideas...they're creative and unique. :)

11. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 11, 2009

Yeah, that's where I fail. I was going to say a watch! Hey you all are doing a lot!

12. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

May 12, 2009

After nearly 20 years I am just happy that he even acknowledges the day even exists. I barely got a Happy Mothers Day before he started in on me about finances. :(

13. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 12, 2009

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that...well Happy belated Mother's Day to you, period! ;) :hugs:

14. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 12, 2009

What did you all get your spouse for your first anniversary? Maybe that'll get some ideas rolling.

For our first year "dating" anniversary I got him some things from the first restaurant we ever ate at (they sell merchandise) and then just filled the glass cups with little things I know he loves.

15. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 13, 2009

Ok so I've decided...to write him a poem, summing up our first year. I am not good at writing poetry whatsoever. But I'm going to give it a try. He is the one who actually writes me poetry, so now it's my turn! Once I come up with it, I'll have to put it on a nice piece of paper and maybe put some embellishments on it.

Aside from that, he's been having trouble with what to get me as well. So last night we decided, we'll go shopping together, sometime this weekend and buy each other something. The reason why this is special is because we have not shopped for ourselves for about 3 years now. The only stuff we get is whatever someone buys us on our birthdays or Christmas. So the shopping trip will be a nice treat. :eek:)

16. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 13, 2009

What about a good book -The Five Love Languages is a great one if you two haven't read it.

Or, if you write poetry, get one printed and framed for him. If you don't, how about printing out the lyrics to "your song" or some romantic song that makes you think of him, and have that framed.

I wish I had framed some of the songs I have written for my husband. I have become too shy to even share them with him!

17. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 13, 2009

My friend showed me a scrapbook her hubby made her. He bought candy bars, and used them to write a story.

LOOK at how much I love you.
    I SNICKER when you kiss me.
    I feel like a HOT TAMALE...

you get the idea. It was so cute.