1st Grade PE ideas????

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by DaveF, Aug 7, 2007.

1. DaveF

DaveF Companion

Aug 7, 2007

The title says it all. Ideas please for my 20 minute session.
    Thanks in advance!

3. MrsNickle

MrsNickle Companion

Aug 8, 2007

dodgeball..with foam nerf balls

4. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Aug 8, 2007

Kickball, my kids love it!

5. MrsNickle

MrsNickle Companion

Aug 8, 2007

I LOVED kickball when I was in elementary school.

6. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Aug 8, 2007

Our gym teacher won't teach it to my kids, he thinks they are to young. So I take them out and teach them it myself!

7. MrsNickle

MrsNickle Companion

Aug 8, 2007

You ROCK! :D :2up:

8. cougars5

cougars5 Rookie

Aug 8, 2007

My husband is a P.E. teacher. He does all kinds of units K-5. In his 25 minute sections they stretch and run first. Our kids learn kick ball, jump roping, scooters, basketball, rock climbing/rope climbing, balance beam, soccer, flag football, physical fitness testing, bus safety, bowling modified in the gym, etc. The kids love it because they are not getting bored doing the same thing.

9. firstgradeteach

firstgradeteach Comrade

Sep 25, 2007

I had to take a P.E. course in college. I believe the website is something like pecentral.com... but it has tons of lesson plans incorporating academic standards. It is a P.E. teacher's dream! Even regular ed teachers can find ideas for using movement in lessons. I always teach a huge culture unit.... I like when the P.E. teacher can teach some multicultural games to go along with my unit.

10. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Sep 25, 2007

I would love to do more things like a pe teacher can do, but I only have 25 minutes --not including preparing materials-- so I don't have time to set up bowling, or other games with lots of set up.

I teach them about self space, general space and safety in the gym. I do lots of relay races, play games like duck duck goose, play with bean bags, balancing, running laps, parachute...

11. WonderW05

WonderW05 Comrade

Sep 26, 2007

hmmm...kickball, dodgeball, four-square, hopscotch, tether ball, obstacle course on the monkey bars( helps to learn rules when on them). These are all of the games that my kids love to play...Good Luck!

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 26, 2007

When I subbed we did stations & they rotated to music that was 2-3 mins long. I think there was 4-5 stations. Basketball, jump ropes, scooters, a soccer goal with cones (they had to dribble around & then shoot) or hockey sticks with pucks, those sit on bouncy ball things. It seems like there was something else, but I can't remember. Anyway the kids loved it when they had a sub, because they knew stations were coming. I subbed in there quite a bit so I made a mix of my own music (today's hits w/out foul language of course)...the kids loved this as well!!