1st Full Day!

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by MzMooreTeaches, Aug 30, 2010.

1. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Aug 30, 2010

I am so excited! Today was my first full day with all my kids. I have it pretty good despite the pressure I am feeling from a couple of parents to push/challenge their children. But on the flip side it will help mold and shape me into a better teacher! So I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Also I have 8k's and 7preks which is awesome! On Friday and Thursday i prepped my k's that they will need to help out the new friends that come and that they are now leaders in the classroom! My k's did a great job with stepping up to help them. I am truly going to fall in love with the Montessori approach. It saves me from having to do so much extra because I have 8 extra hands who can help give a lesson, teach how to roll a rug, carry a tray and "leave work ready for the next person."

So exciting... today I made it through and actually ran out of time... go figures!

3. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Aug 31, 2010

Awesome! I'm glad you had a good first day. Being a Montessori teacher is sooooooo different from traditional education, I can't imagine teaching any other way.

Glad you're enjoying it so far!

What do you mean you ran out of time?

4. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Sep 3, 2010

Ran out of time to fit everything in... My morning goes really quickly.

Arrival 730-8 they do morning work (coloring, reading, writing, math... this is traditional i know.)
    Announcements at 755
    Breakfast 8-830
    Group Bathroom Break
    Morning meeting, group, calender, weather, story by this time it is 915... work cycle until 1030 cleanup for lunch.. yes lunch 1040-1115.
    Bathroom Break
    Gross Motor 1130-12ish
    Prekinders rest
    Kinders quiet work cycle journal writing either math or reading based journal.
    Snack
    Preks wake up
    Snack and work cycle continues
    Packup and time to go home.

I believe I'm going to have to do cultural/math lessons on alternating days. But of course math is incorporated throughout the day... because I'm losing time during the PM work cycle trying to squeeze in a daily journal writing.