17 teaching days left!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Aliceacc, May 10, 2011.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 10, 2011

Our last day of classes is Monday June 6.

Then it's 6 half-days of exams, ending with math on June 14.

Yesterday I had my last Sodality meeting with my Seniors. We've been together since they were freshmen; it's been wonderful seeing them grow into adults. At some point in the next week or so, before their last class day next Monday, I want to write a letter to them. (I would love to do individual letters, but with 25 Junior letters of recommendation and about 140 Geometry projects awaiting my attention, not to mention this week's Algebra and Geometry tests, I somehow don't see it happening.)

The year-end Senior festivities are getting started. They just returned from their big Disney trip and had a wonderful time. At some point this week they'll have the Senior luncheon. Then, shortly before graduation is the Senior Sendoff-- our version of a prom. (It's a dinner cruise around Manhattan, including a prolonged stop at the Statue of Liberty. It's open only to members of our Senior class-- no outside dates.) Then it's the Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation on June 4.

Hard to believe they're graduating already!

3. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 10, 2011

I became a class advisor the year I started teaching, starting with the freshman class, who I also taught. Two years later when they were Juniors, I switched to teaching 11th grade. So by the time they graduated, I had been their advisor 4 years, taught most of them twice, and they had been my very first students. That was an emotional graduation. I would say I am friends on facebook with about 2/3 of the class and I love that I can easily keep in touch with them.

We have 22 days left with kids, 23 all together, and we also have 17 until exams begin.

4. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

May 10, 2011

We have 33 days left, and to be honest, I can't wait to move on. I'll miss my grade twos, but I won't miss teaching French!

5. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

May 10, 2011

I still have counted. I know that I only have 4 more days with my seniors, but I have 3ish weeks left with my juniors ... or, something like that. :)

6. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 10, 2011

We have ten teaching days and four exam days left. Then a random day after exams when we're supposed to have students (with nothing to do with them) and then a teacher work day.

7. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

May 10, 2011

22 left but four are early release. I have had a great year but right now I am feeling it a little bit. Lots to do before it is over.
    I am going to do an archery unit for my 3-5th with my brand new archery stuff. The bad thing is I have to haul it back and forth each day in my truck from school to school and those targets are
    heavy. It will be a workout.

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 10, 2011

35 and a half days left with kids--one of those is Track and Field and one is the Grade 8 trip. There will be other "events" that come up, but we still have lots of teaching left to do!

9. mb_teacher

mb_teacher Companion

May 10, 2011

I have 16 days til I get married and 1 month until my last day at my current job. Does that count?? lol
    Then, I'll feel like a teacher again...I'll have a wee bit of summer vacation before my next teaching position starts!!

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

May 10, 2011

6 days left. Whew.

11. teacherhoosier

teacherhoosier Companion

May 10, 2011

14 days with kids left..one day is a field trip, another one is a half day school visit to the schools my kids are going to next year, and the last day of school is Field Day..so I think we have around 11-12 days left in the classroom...

12. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 10, 2011

We have 11 full teaching days, one half day with afternoon for exams and two half exam days. I can't wait!! (mainly because we have a big summer planned!)

13. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

May 10, 2011

19 days until final exams. One of the 19 is a half day. I mentioned this specifically today to two students who have grades in the low 60s. Wanted to emphasize to them that the time left to bring up their grade to passing (70% or higher) is not a whole lot.

14. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

May 10, 2011

We have about 39 days left...Oh boy, we go until the beginning of July, and then start back 8/8.....Help!!!

15. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 10, 2011

:woot: as of today 5/10, I have 13 teaching days and then 3 days of exams :woot:

16. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

May 10, 2011

We have 7 teaching days left, and 4 days of exams. I don't know how I will manage. We are all very behind. We had a student pass away this week and its been very tough for the students. Plus, we some how lost 4 days between last week and today in teaching time. I haven't taught a full day since last Wednesday. It has been interruptions after interruption. Friday we have mass and birthday celebrations, that messes us up for the whole day. I will only be able to teach one class to each of my groups.

I am glad we are coming to an end though, I've been preparing for next year since April. I'm excited!