$.15 paper?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ayotte04, Jul 15, 2007.

1. ayotte04

ayotte04 Comrade

Jul 15, 2007

This may be a result of too much shopping for the best deals...however, last night I was searching on all the stores' pages (target, walmart, staples, office depot, etc) and somewhere I came across 15 cent paper. It could be either college or wide-ruled and it was a pack of 150 for $.15.

This morning on my shopping safari, I hit all the major stores and could not find this deal anywhere. I'm pretty sure I wasn't making this up, but then again maybe I was hallucinating.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

3. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Jul 15, 2007

It is at staples, as part of this weeks sales. And no you have not lost your mind! :D LOL

4. eydie

eydie Companion

Jul 15, 2007

The Target here has paper for 20 cents starting Tuesday!

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2007

There's also 15-cent loose leaf paper at Office Depot, but the packs are smaller, like maybe 80 or 100 sheets.

6. ~Nicole

~Nicole Comrade

Jul 15, 2007

I got mine at Office depot-along with 19-cent pencil boxes, 9-cent crayons and 49-cent binders.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2007

When Nicole? Is that sale still on or was it last week? :)

8. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jul 15, 2007

I didn't like the 19-cent pencil boxes at Office Depot. I thought they looked to flimsy to last all year. I think I'm going to buy the fifty-cent ones at Walmart.

Aliceacc, the Office Depot deals started today.

9. VA2500

VA2500 Rookie

Jul 15, 2007

I posted this on a secondary thread on supply list, but thought you might be able to use it, so I am posting it here, too. There were some other ideas on the supply list thread.

An easy way to get pens, pencils, rulers, protractors, slightly used notebooks, reams of notebook paper. Go to your local high school the day after school lets out. As they clean out the lockers follow behind and pick up the goodies. This is especially handy if you teach in a school where some kids have no money for supplies. My friend and I went to one of the local "rich" high schools. It was kind of like a school supply store at no cost.

We did remove names from notebooks with a black marker and tore out used pages from spiral notebooks. You would be amazed at the number of notebooks that had only one page written on. Anyway we collected enough pens, pencils, paper, spiral notebooks, and three ring binders to supply several classrooms in addition to our own.

Be sure to bring donuts for the custodial staff as they are the ones opening the lockers.

VA

10. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jul 15, 2007

The ad says a limit of 5 crayons. Were you able to get more (for being a teacher)?

11. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 15, 2007

When I went to Staples today the paper was still marked $1.79 - but when I asked (because the ad I received is NOT what is shown online!) they told me they would fix the price at the register, that it really is 15 cents this week.

12. k.contreras

k.contreras Companion

Jul 15, 2007

Does anyone know what stores honor competitors prices? I'd like to get my crayola crayons from Walmart for the price that they are selling them at Office Depot (9 cents).

13. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2007

How many pages are in the staples pack of paper? TIA! :)

14. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jul 15, 2007

The ad I received was one page and it only had printers on it! Was that the one you received?

15. ayotte04

ayotte04 Comrade

Jul 15, 2007

yeah those pencil boxes weren't as good. Walmart has some for .50 and target has good ones for .79

16. ayotte04

ayotte04 Comrade

Jul 15, 2007

Yeah I thought it was staples but like you guys said, they had it in the store as $1.79.....So how do I get it for $.15?

17. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 15, 2007

Yes, that's the one I received - I thought I was just missing the other pages:) Then I just asked the sales associate while I was there if they were going to have the sale seen online and she told me they are having it now, but the prices in the store aren't changed, just that they fix it at the register. I guess there will still be lots of folders for me to pick from when I go back tomorrow and lots of paper to pick up since no one is going to know about it unless they saw it online...I think the package of paper has 150 sheets in it. When I took it to the register, the cashier knew what to do so I got the folders for 25 cents each and the paper for 15 cents each without having to tell her anything.

You should be able to take the Office Depot ad to any of the stores - Staples or Wal-mart and get the price matched.

18. ayotte04

ayotte04 Comrade

Jul 15, 2007

ok ....yeah i'll possibly print up part of the circular online...and go back to the store tomorrow and ask about it.

some of these stores are really slow to change their prices...When I was in Office Depot today...all the stuff they had up was from last week's sale =(

19. ayotte04

ayotte04 Comrade

Jul 16, 2007

what is the link for that ad? I had it yesterday and cannot find it today. And Staples isn't giving me the deal =(

20. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Jul 16, 2007

See your other post, I put the link there.

21. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 16, 2007

The ad is gone. It was posted on their web site in error according to customer service because today my Staples wouldn't honor it either - yet they did yesterday!

22. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 16, 2007

If anyone is interested in finding things for their classroom next year I would suggest you visit a local college or university that has on campus housing at the end of the spring term when the students are cleaning out their dorm rooms and apartments. I was utterly amazed and dismayed at the items I saw when I went to pick up my son. Bookcases, file cabinets, furniture, cleaning supplies could be seen by the piles. Many things still have tags on them. There were 5 dumpsters that kids were putting stuff in. You could furnish an apartment with what I saw. When my son attended Rutgers he said on Cook Campus they had a giant garage sale for kids to try and sell some of their things.